"A red smoke signal." A Scout beside him said.

Erwin shot a green signal flare in the opposite direction.

Two red flares went up from there.

"What?" He said, staring at them.

"Commander! We're surrounded!" A scout informed.

"There's a way around! Should we head towards it?" Another scout asked.

Erwin looked at the four red flares.

"No... Any detours and we'll be too late. We'll force our way through! All soldiers, prepare for battle!" Erwin ordered.
.

Reiner flew through the forest with a gagged and unconscious Eren strapped to his back.

"For now, let's get to a place without Titans!" Reiner said.

With Ymir on his back, Bertolt looked behind him at the Titans chasing after them.

"We need to get as far away as possible!" Reiner said. "My Titan form isn't very fast. If I get surrounded, I won't be able to protect you guys!"

"Then why didn't we just wait until nightfall?!" Ymir demanded. She looked back and gaped. S'moke signals? Did the Scouts come to rescue us?'

"Unless they brought loads of horses over the Wall," Reiner said, "that scouting formation won't work. Someone made that call... I didn't think it would happen so soon. It must be Commander Erwin. A tough opponent!"
.

More green flares flew toward the sky.
.

'Shit... They're already that close?' Reiner thought. 'It's Eren's fault for going berserk.'

Ymir stared behind her, mouth open, eyes widening. 'It can't be...'
.

Christa could be seen, riding a horse.
.

'She's... No, she is!' Ymir looked ahead.

"Reiner! Christa's here! Christa came with them!" Ymir said.

"Huh?!" Reiner replied.

"If you want her, now's the chance!" Ymir said.

"How do you know?" Reiner asked. "You can't see her from here!"

"I just know it!" Ymir insisted. "She's such a good-natured person, it's stupid! I guarantee she came to save me! I know it!"

"Even if that's true, it's no use! We'll do it later!" Reiner told Ymir.

"Huh?!"

"Our chance of succeeding is way too low! How will you get Christa out of that formation? Wait for a chance!"

"Wait for a chance?" Ymir repeated. "Seriously? Will that be after I'm eaten by one of your Warriors? No! I don't trust you!"

"Trust me! Christa is indispensable to us, too!"

"Then get her now! Go prove it to me this instant! It has to be now or never! I want to see her right now!" Ymir said, desperate. 'At this rate... I'll never get a chance... to see her again.'

"It's impossible," Bertolt said quietly. "I'm sorry, Ymir. We don't even know if we can escape ourselves, let alone go back for her."

"I promise you!" Reiner said. "If anyone, it's Christa I want to save from this conflict! You have to trust us! So just bear with it!"

Ymir thought of Christa's smiling face.

"This is for Christa's own sake!" Reiner continued. "Got it, Ymir?!"