Chapter 4 - Embarrassed.

Thank you all for the understanding and patience.

Tuesday; November 3rd, 7:42 am.

I don't think I'll ever be able to look Mr. Dawson in the eye again.

How do I always embarrass myself? Perhaps this explains why my parents sheltered me so much.

I napped as directed and woke up just as Wiona was returning to the room. "Cherry? You're here, right?" Once she sees me, she sighs in relief.

"The teachers wouldn't let me leave to check on you, even though I was worried the entire day." She approaches and sits down on the bed next to me.
"Do you feel sick? You don't look unwell?"

"No, Mr. Dawson's first class was challenging. After our conversation, he told me to come back here for the rest of the day." I exhale, trying to figure out how to tell her without damaging or losing our friendship.

I genuinely like her, and I don't want this to ruin our friendship. If I tell her about it, would she still be my friend?

"Why did he send you back to the dorms?" She asks.

"Well, he inquired about my social anxiety and my fear of audiences," I replied. "It was so embarrassing that I started crying. I was comforted by Mr. Dawson, who advised me to take a nap."

"Oh Cherry, I'm so sorry, I did not know it was that horrible. I would have advocated for you if I had known." She comforts me by flashing me a tiny smile.

"It's nobody's fault; it's just a problem I have."Before considering whether to inform her, I say.

Maybe it would be beneficial to have someone know and be able to help at certain times. "Also, I wanted to share something with you."

She gives me an engorged smile as she nods. "I regress when anxious, excited, sad, stressed, etc. Age regression is a condition where, depending on the circumstances, I am younger and no longer mentally 19 years old. My parents sent me here for that reason. They believed I might be 'fixed' with the correct discipline. They assume I have a problem, but I just have a different coping strategy and self-defense mechanism than other people."

When I'm done, I see that while I was speaking, my hands were trembling and I was bouncing my legs.

"Cheryl, did you believe that once I found out about age regression, I wouldn't want to be your buddy solely because of your parents' beliefs or comprehension of it?" She asks while wearing a dejected expression.

Nodding, I wriggle around in my bed position in anticipation of her opinion.

"Cherry, I couldn't care less. Everyone is unique and has a different way of expressing oneself. We can still be friends even when we differ from one another. I appreciate you informing me, but I understand how difficult it may be to share something like that." She hugs me.