Chapter 31 Visiting Her Family

Magsimula sa umpisa

"We are safe, as long as we remain discreet. Furthermore," I told her our being unofficial lovers. She frowned at the idea but I told her Genie's reason. She eyed me for a while as if trying to gauge my side on the idea but I tried to remain neutral. Finally, she just slowly nodded.

"Maybe Genie has a point. Not labeling your relationship is an advantage when it comes to your reputation and job, but let me tell you that when it comes to your feelings, that could really be a risk" she remarked.

"I know that too, but for now, I'll just follow her lead. I'm currently so happy with her that if I will insist, she might totally back up" I replied.

"Then that would only mean she doesn't truly love you" she commented.

"No unnie, I know that she loves me, her reasons are really reasonable. We can be punished severely if we will get caught" I refuted.

"Fine, but Chaeng, be careful" she warned.

"I will, thanks unnie, I just really need someone to hear about it. We haven't told anyone about this yet, you're the first" I informed her.

"How sure are you that Genie hadn't told anyone yet?" she questioned.

"I trust her" I smiled.

"Whipped" she commented but I just waved her.

"I'm going back down unnie. I wanna know how long she lasted for today's game" I bade her.

"She's playing chess with Dad again?" she asked and I nodded.

"Oh, see, she has earned Dad's good side too, I have a feeling she will be permanent in our lives soon" she laughed.

"That I hope" I nodded as I left, going back to the living room.

I caught Genie dancing happily while Dad is grinning from ear to ear.

"Why so happy baby?" I asked.

"We finished the game in a tie" she run to me and literally jump on my arms. I think this action needs more practice since we almost stumbled. She is laughing happily.

"Really?" I asked Dad and he nodded.

"And she earned a reward for that" he added.

"You made a bet?" I asked and both nodded. I put her down on her feet.

They told me the terms and learned that Genie earned a share in Dad's business. I looked at them in disbelief. How did they associate a game with business?

"But Dad, that was a little, uh, isn't that something..." I don't know how to term it. I'm not against Genie being a part of his business, but they don't even know her fully yet. In fact, they knew her as a Dee, which she isn't!

"Actually, I had already informed her about the business the last time she's here. We had talked a lot about it and she showed interest. She's not new to that world since she said she took BS Accountancy before coming here to be an idol" Dad explained.

"But if you're not okay with it, we can just decide on a different term" Genie cling to my side.

"Oh no no, if that's the case then I have no objections, go for it" I immediately agreed.

"But baby, how about your name?" I whispered.

"I'll take care of that" she whispered back as we went to sat down.

"Unnie, how about a match hm?" she challenged me as she fixed the pieces.

"Hah, are you challenging a pro?" I mocked her but she just nodded.

"Sure" I positioned myself in front of the board.

"Yay, this is great! Wait wait, let me call Mom and Alice and we'll bet!" Dad excitedly rushed out calling my family. What? Unbelievable.