Chapter 14 The Trip Home

Start from the beginning

Jisoo dropped Jennie back at the restaurant first so she can pick her own car. After we said our goodbyes, Jisoo drove me home and even helped me carry their gifts up to the dorm. She even helped me packed it, and I'm not mistaken. We have to cram everything for the items to fit all in the case.

It's 3pm when we're done and Jisoo unnie left me then. I have nothing else to do but I remembered Genie hasn't packed a single item yet. I tried texting her, asking her if I should pack her things but she refused saying she's actually on her way home now and will do it herself.

I looked around my room, trying to see if I have forgotten something but I didn't. Three suitcases are glaring at me and I am already imagining what Genie will say if she'll see it. I managed to cram my gifts for her family members along with my clothes so I lessened my baggage. The unnies made me swear to keep their gift a secret until it's time to give to the family. Oh, they even want me to give it to them secretly. I don't know what they're thinking about.

I went to the living room while waiting for Genie, and killed time by playing games on my phone. Not long after, she arrived.

"Chae-unnie, you done packing?" she called as she entered my room. I quickly joined her and a shocked reaction meet me.

"Yah unnie, I told you to pack less, I would accept two suitcases but three? What have you packed with you, all your PJs?" she asked amused but also dismayed.

"I did pack less, check my wardrobe, it doesn't look as if it's missing some clothes" I defended. Blame that other suitcase filled with the unnies' gifts.

"Fine, but you'll have to drag your own luggage" she threatened as she left my room to go and pack as well. What! I don't even own the third one! I have to ask the unnies for compensation hah!

I followed her to her room and she already has her suit case open on the floor. Clothes are out of their hangers and is piling on her bed as she sort whichever she would take home with her. I began folding it and fixing it at the edge.

"Those will be enough" she muttered as she drop the last clothing on the bed. I looked at the folded clothes and to the remaining ones on the bed. My, everything will fit in a single suitcase! I looked at her bewildered.

"What? Seriously, how did you end up with three suitcases unnie, but fine" she grumbled as she started stuffing the folded clothes in her case. I guessed it right again, everything fit at the suitcase. She zipped it, put in the code then let it stood beside her door.

She grabbed a travelling bag from her closet and left it on the bed as she went back to sort from her wardrobe.

"Unnie, give me a set of your PJs and a set of clothes you'll be comfortable to use in the car" she called while lost in her wardrobe.

"Okay, give me a minute" I just nodded. Wherever will she need it, I already packed a lot of it but I don't feel like arguing this time.

She packed our clothes together in the travelling bag and told me to bring my toiletries. I then went to retrieve it from my crammed suitcase and she added it to her own in the travelling bag. When she was satisfied, she zipped it and placed it on top of her suitcase. Okay, she is really a light traveller.

"What time is it unnie?" she asked.

"A little past four" I replied.

"Good, I'll go shop for gifts, they'd sulk if I'll come home empty handed, you wanna come?" she asked.

I am already tired after going shopping twice and what?, she'll go and buy more gifts! The unnies' presents are more than enough! Bound by my promise however, I just nodded.