Chapter 24: The bout.

KAYLA'S POV

It has been two weeks since I got to the guardian's creed and things have only gotten weirder. It did take me a long time to come to terms with my new life- a girl with powers training to become a super hero with a group of super soldiers.

To be honest, it still didn't make sense to me. I didn't understand why I decided to stay in the creed and join the whole "blink cause". I guess I just felt safe... and loved with them. No one was calling me firegirl and I was happy... that was enough.

As for the bullying, it seemed Delai was trying to kill me every time we trained, a scary lady she is.

"Stop zoning out Kay!" I heard Tom say in my thoughts.

"Okay, okay" I said trying to focus on the circle I was to blink to.

"Good. Now take deep breaths and imagine yourself in the circle" Tom said in a soothing voice.

"Okay" I said, closing my eyes and slowly visualizing myself in the circle.

"Well done, Kay!" I heard Tom clap, with her voice seeming farther away. I was on the circle.

I wasn't particularly amused at my performance, I had done the same thing numerous times already.

Shortly after I arrived at the creed, Tom was assigned my personal guardian and I began Blink training.

"Why is Michael not also training?" I asked Tom

"He hasn't activated his blink yet" Tom replied flatly. "But don't underestimate him, he is still stronger than you- blink or no blink" Tom added proudly, as she turned towards where Michael was sparring with Ella.

Ella's movements were sharp, concise, her reactions to Michael were accurate. "I guess that's what happens when Delai trains you every morning" I muttered.

"It's more like give you the beating of your life, every morning. Delai's methods of tutoring are aimed at entertaining herself" Tom said

However, Michael still had equal footing. His movements were well calculated and necessary. He only tried kicking or punching Ella when it was possible, blocking when she was going to hit him and he dodged when she was about to move.

"Woah" I gasped in disbelief.

"I know right? Ella might be the weakest guardian, but she is still modified. He must have the best teacher available" Ryuuki said beside me with a proud smile, glancing at Delai.

"If you ask politely for a match, I would give you one, but if you keep talking, I would give you a fight" Delai said with her usual cheery tone.

"Oh my God Delai! Work on your thoughts" Tom said with a horrified expression.

Delai was about to talk but she was interrupted by gasps in the training room. Ella was standing above Michael on the floor.

"You might have won, but you got distracted. Learn to focus!" Ella said with a disappointed tone, standing above Michael.

"Next time, you won't be so lucky" Michael said, cleaning the blood off his mouth with a smile.

"We'll see about that" Ella said with a smile supporting Michael to his feet.

"As agreed, I and Delai would do anything you want for winning" Ryuuki said, turning towards Ella.

"Uhhhmmm... I want you two to fight" Ella said, before winking at the camera.

"There it is ladies and gentlemen! A fight between the monsters among us! Ryuuki vs Delai! Would speed overcome strength? Move to the training hall to find out! Access would only be granted at the little fee of 5 credits!" Myloe screamed through the speakers, with an excited yet scheming voice.