Chapter 7: Aftermaths of the contest.

Michael's POV.

I ran towards the elevator immediately I slammed Vivian's door. "I just need to make it down the tree, I can navigate from there on my own" I thought to myself.

The ride in the elevator was uneventful, until the doors opened at the 10th floor. "It's that girl again" I muttered as Emma stepped into the elevator with another girl I didn't know.

"Hey, short kid! When are you resuming?" Emma said turning towards me.

"I'm not short and, I don't want your scam of a job" I yelled, pacing to close the gap between me and Emma.

"Hey, let's not fight in an elevator, what if the ropes cut?" The other girl said, with a horrified expression. The other girl looked a bit older than me; she was taller, her hair was black and long, almost surpassing the boundary of her waist. But most of all she had those mysterious eyes that Ryuuki and the others had, hers looked like a flowing red sea, it almost seemed to glow in fact.

"Seriously, you have to stop being this paranoid, Kimi" Emma said in with a disappointing expression.

"But what if the ropes did cut?" Kimi replied.

"Whatever Kimi. Well, Kimi this is Michael and, Michael, this is Kimi" Emma said, motioning to the two of us.

"Oh, Hello Michael! I've heard a lot about you! When are you resuming?" Kimi replied with a beaming smile. At least her smile didn't seem practiced like Delai's smile.

"I don't intend to resume, or work with any of you" I shot back

"Hmmmmm, why is that?" Kimi replied.

"I have no obligation to explain things to you!" I shot back, introducing a blanket of silence in the elevator.

"Look, I overheard your conversation with Vivian and, I just wanted to say you are really dumb" Emma said, boring her purple eyes into my face. "Most of us here are making serious sacrifices, just because we want you all to be safe! Yes, we have not been able to keep the past blinks alive, but we did everything we could." Emma yelled.

"Most of us lost friends, relatives and even siblings to this cause, all because we believe the Blinks can make Minerva a great place, yes we couldn't protect the others, but at least let us try our best." Kimi continued, with a pleading tone to her voice.

"Look, I really don't even get all of this. Why should I trust any of you anyways!" I said.

"Because in this whole planet, we are all you've got!" Emma yelled back, introducing an atmosphere of silence into the elevator.

The silence was broken by the bell of the elevator, signaling we had stopped at the first floor.

"Well, that was good talk. We hope you change your mind!" Emma said, walking out the door with Kimi trailing behind.

"Hmppphhh... I wonder how Iya is doing" I thought to myself as I let myself out of the elevator at the ground floor.

"Be back soon, Michael!" The hooded man from earlier called as I walked towards the veil.

The veil from the other side looked different now that I studied it more carefully. It had was looked like bulbs at the corners, illuminating the dimensions of the veil. "Well, that is definitely a hologram, but a next level hologram" I said walking past the veil.

Once I was out of the hut, I began walking towards the tables Iya had tethered me to. "I hope those wolves don't find me" I muttered, cautiously surveying my surroundings.

"Still no reception here, I thought the Grimwhale was dead?" I muttered sliding my phone into my pockets.

Suddenly I was illuminated by the headlights of a car a few feet from me. "Dude, are you this miserable? Why did you come back here?" Ryuuki said, poking his head outside the car window.