Chapter 13: Project Bravestar I.

MICHAEL'S POV

After walking for a while, we met ourselves at the foot of the elevator, like the first time I was here. The masked man was still there, what was his name? Was it Ned, or Brock? I wasn't sure so I just waved at him and passed by.

"Hey Eddy" Delai said weakly as she walked past him.

"Seems like you had a rough day" Eddy replied her in a sad tone.

"Yup" she muttered joining me in the elevator.

"His name is Eddy" she said as she tapped the button with the number 20 on it.

"What?!" I looked at her confused.

"You had that stupid look of confusion when you waved at him, I figured that you forgot his name" she replied dryly.

"Oh yeah, thanks" I replied, trying hard to put the thankful tone to my voice.

"Vivian would be at the 20th floor now in Ritchie's lab, let's go see her first" Delai said weakly.

"If you are tired, you should get some rest, I'll see Vivian alone" I replied her.

"Thanks, but I have stuff to report too" she said with a weak smile.

We eventually got to the 20th floor and walked to the "lab" that Delai spoke of.

"Hey Delai, Hiiii Michael" Kimi waved timidly as we entered the lab.

"Hi Kimi" Delai replied dryly, forcing a cheery tone into her voice.

"Delai, I hope you have a big explanation for all of this" Vivian said beside a guy I didn't know, folding her arms.

"In a single word- Redbridge" Delai said with a sigh.

"Shit!" Ryuuki yelled, startling everyone in the lab.

"Language Ryuuki" another girl said. To which Ryuuki replied with a scoff.

"Please continue Delai" Vivian said.

"Well, I went to extract our friend here like I was ordered to, but first I had to visit Iya, to reduce suspicions on my disappearance on the contest day, after spending a while with her, I saw Redbridge's guards outside the hospital, so I rushed to pick Michael up. However, it seems Redbridge already knew Michael was a blink so he proceeded to eliminate him. So, I had to fake Michael's death to get the anti-blinks off his scent" Delai said.

"Was there anything unusual?" Vivian said in a concerned tone.

"Yeah, we were chased by a modified sniper. He was almost as fast as Ryuuki, and he seemed to have enhanced eye sight too" Delai replied in a worried tone.

"Uhhh... what in the burning hell is going on here" I said stepping back from the group.

"What does Redbridge have to do with the anti-blinks, why didn't Delai fake her death also and what the hell is "modified" supposed to mean" I yelled, backing away towards the lab entrance.

"We have to tell him Delai, he deserves to know" Vivian muttered.

"Okay, but I am too tired to talk right now" Delai replied.

"I'll tell him everything, go get some rest Delai" Ryuuki said, stepping forward.

"This is a long one so you would want to take a seat Michael" Ryuuki said.

"Okay" I muttered sitting on a chair beside the door.

"I, Delai, Myloe, Ritchie, Kimi, Redbridge, Kiwa, Ella, Beckett and Tom were part of an experiment called project Bravestar" Ryuuki said, introducing a blanket of silence into the room.

.

.

.

.

What do you think of this chapter? What do you suspect project Bravestar is? Keep those comments coming in! 🥳

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little Star 🌟)

Thanks for reading!❤️