Chapter 22: Limits exist to be broken.

Delai's POV

"What have I done?" I muttered in fear, my arms shaking as I stared at Ryuuki.

"Ryuuuuukkkkiiiii!!!!" Michael screamed beside me as he tried to limp towards where Ryuuki was.

"Delai, you better pray he is okay!" Beckett yelled in anger as he ran towards Ryuuki.

"Thanks Delai, you have helped realize something that I took too long to understand" a very familiar voice said

"I'd better beat the blood out of this wannabe before the angels tell K about my performance" Ryuuki said, standing to show black scorch marks, where his head should have been.

"It's about t-time" I said, trying to hide the trembling in my voice. It had been long since I heard Ryuuki call her K- since the day she died. Even though he looked his normal Ryuuki-self to everyone else, I could see it, those subtle changes- they were the signs he was losing himself. He was slower when he fought, he slept for shorter and he was also becoming less logical in his thinking.

I had tried to talk to him, many times but I couldn't. I was worried that I won't be empathetic enough to him, I had never been, not even to my brother. However, when I saw him fight with rage towards the sniper, I knew it was his chance to let it all out, so I supported him, with the best words I could muster and for a moment I thought he died because of my decisions... but now that he was standing, now that he had survived all that happened... he was stronger than ever, obviously faster than ever and more dangerous than ever.

"The real fight starts now" I muttered.

The sniper stumbled back in disbelief. You couldn't exactly blame him because everyone did the same especially me.

"What the hell??! You don't mean-" Beckett muttered, while Michael just stared at Ryuuki.

"How did you do that!" The sniper screamed in disbelief.

"To be honest, I really don't know. Let's just get this over with man, I need to sleep" Ryuuki said with a dismissive tone.

"I agree with you!" the sniper roared before shooting at Ryuuki till his gun clicked.

"Bro, you don't learn, do you? You thought I'll dodge bullets to my head at close range but get hit from afar?" Ryuuki said in amusement.

"Whatever, you're just a better pill to me now" the sniper said with a more composed tone, as if he had noticed he was overreacting.

"There is a knife next to you, pick it up" Ryuuki said with a more serious tone

"What would you use?" the sniper said as he picked the knife.

"Nothing, it's the least I can do to thank you for opening my eyes" Ryuuki said with a bright smile.

They both got into their fighting stances and with a quick glint of silver the sniper ran towards Ryuuki. The sniper repeatedly tried to stab Ryuuki but his attempts were fruitless- Ryuuki dodged them effortlessly.

"You know, you'll need to try harder if you intend to kill me" Ryuuki said with a laugh.

The sniper with a frustrated hiss switched his tactics and tried slashing at Ryuuki instead. At this point, I was the only one that could watch the fight. Not Michael or even Beckett could see Ryuuki or the sniper, they could only see a blur. It was obvious from how much they squinted their eyes.

"Is this really the best you can do? Because you're too slow, or did you take the right doses of the pill?" Ryuuki teased, while dodging the sniper's attacks.

"Sorry to ruin your 'blurry' movement, but could you finish this up? We have a girl to protect" Beckett yelled.

"Yeahhhh... that" Michael said with his usual confused tone.