Chapter 10: The Guardians.

MICHEAL'S POV

It took a while for Delai to come pick me up from the Teline booth, a long time in fact. I had been waiting since after my call with Ryuuki for 2 hours. Of course, I had tried calling him severally, but typical of Ryuuki, there was no reply.

"I guess this is his revenge for my actions at their building the other day" I muttered, staring at the path Delai was to come from.

"Delai happens to also be at the hospital, wait for her, she'll come pick you up. Do not try coming here yourself, you could be followed" Ryuuki's words echoed in my head, as if it was a warning, when I considered driving to the Guardian's creed myself.

"Michael, we should get moving, immediately!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice say behind me, startling me.

"Y...you s...s...scared me!" I said backing away from Delai, who was standing behind me.

"I didn't, your senses are just terrible. You should learn to understand your surroundings instead of thinking" Delai said, folding her arms.

Now that I turned to look at her, she hadn't changed a bit, not that I was expecting her to, but I really thought she won't be dressed in her usual all-black today. Delai looked her usual pissed-psycho self, only that something was off... she didn't have the cheery tone in her voice anymore, in fact, she wasn't even smiling. Delai looked troubled, which was highly disturbing "What could actually trouble Delai?" I thought to myself, staring at her.

"If you could stop staring at me, please hand me your keys, so we could get going" Delai said with her cheery tone, as if she knew I noticed that she looked troubled.

"Okay, but what took you so long? I was waiting here for a really long time!" I said, tossing my keys at her.

"You won't be asking me that question, especially if-" Delai started, but it seemed she was cut off by something, "Michael, get into the car, NOW!" Delai said running towards the car.

"Why the ru-" I started, but I was cut off by a loud sound from my rear, which followed by the sound of shattering glass beside me.

I froze, I wanted to move, to run into the car like Delai said, but I couldn't move. It was almost like my body had forsaken me. Someone had just tried to kill me, but fortunately, whoever it was, missed.

"Get into the car!" I heard Delai yell while opening passenger doors. This seemed to grant me control over my body once more, as I ran into the car.

Delai immediately drove out of the parking lot, into the highway, even before I could close the doors. "Wear your seat belt, I'm not the safest person to drive with!" She yelled, with a mischievous smile creeping to her face.

"Who were those guys? Why do they want to kill me!" I screamed, poking my head out to look behind the car.

"I'll bet on Ryuuki's face that it's the Anti-blinks! Keep your head away from the windows, I think they have a sniper!" Delai yelled.

And as soon as my head was back into the car again, I heard glass shatter again, only to see that the side mirror beside my head shattered.

"Hold onto something, and keep your large head down! Shit is about to get reeeaaaaalllll" Delai said with a roar. When I turned to look at Delai, she looked happy, with a bright smile, like she was enjoying the situation "Why the hell does she look this happy?" I thought to myself.

"That's 3 cars, I really wished they brought 6 this time though" Delai said, with an eerie cheeriness to her tone. "God help me" I muttered as I heard the rear windshield shatter again, as Delai swerved the car to the other side of the road.