Among a group of Scouts, Faye sat, bored and concerned.

"Can't believe we didn't see any Titans." A soldier behind her said.

"Really?" Faye asked. "None at all?"

"Seems so. It's unusually quiet out there." The soilder replied.

'I hope they are ok.' Faye thought.
.

An MP approached two of his comrades.

"Can you believe it? I thought this was an emergency." First MP said.

"Yeah. And everyone's just sitting around here." His friend replied.
.

"Hey, Levi," One of the MP called out, looking at the cart where Levi sat with Pastor Nick across from him. "Where you hiding the Titans at?"

"Oh? You all seem so disappointed." Levi said, and the men shifted nervously at his words. "Sorry... A shame you couldn't fight Titans today. If you're looking for another chance, there's plenty of expeditions outside the Walls. How about we join forces and face some Titans together?" Levi offered plainly.

"Uh, well, you know..." One of them replied, sweating. "We're busy with work on the interior..."
.

"The advance squad's returned," A Scout yelled, running to the group of soldiers. "Inform Commander Pixis!"
.
.

Soldiers were gathered around Phil, who was sitting on his knees, out of breath.

"I see... So there was nothing wrong with the Wall?" Pixis questioned.

"Yes, sir!"

"As I suspected..."

Phil and Sasha behind him, drank deeply from their water-skins.

"H-However," Phil said, "there's a bit of a situation! We were heading back to Trost to give our report when we ran into the Scout unit led by Squad Leader Hange. Along with them, there were recruits from the 104th without their equipment. And it turns out, three of them... were Titans!"

"Huh?" Faye said with surprise. "Three more?" She took a step forward. "Who were they?"

"Umm... They were-" Sasha said.

"What happened when their forms were revealed?" Erwin asked, interrupting Sasha.

"The Scouts engaged the Colossal and Armored Titan in battle," Phil replied. "But by the time we joined up with them to fight...it was all over."
.
.

Mikasa lay unconscious on Wall Rose, missing her brown jacket. The red scarf was folded under her head like a makeshift pillow.

Armin was sitting quietly next to her, arms crossed at his shins.

Footsteps were heard before Hannes joined him.

"Unbelievable. What a disaster." Hannes said, looking at the unconscious soilders.

Armin followed him gaze a few yards to where over a dozen soldiers lay unconscious as a few Scouts, including Christa and Connie, were looking after them.

"Luckily we were above so we got away unscathed," Hannes continued. "Everyone underneath got blasted by steam and wind. There was nothing they could do."
.

Christa pressed a wet cloth to a soldier's burns while a frowning Connie stood with arms folded, a white cloth in hand.
.

"How's Mikasa doing?" Hannes asked, looking at Mikasa.

"I don't see any bad wounds," Armin answered. "so I'm guessing it's a concussion."

"I see. Armin, you haven't eaten, have you? I'll get you something," Hannes said but Armin shook his head. "You've gotta eat." He ruffled Armin's head, then left.
.
.
.