"Definitely the reason you joined. You wanted to make a friend."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"You wanted... to become friends with me?" Christa asked and rushed out, tone taking a hopeful and happy note.

"Huh?" Ymir said and smirked. "You've got to be kidding me."

Ymir stomped over and towered over Christa.

"You and I can't even compare. We both got a second chance at life." Ymir said and threw out her arm in emphasis. "But I'm not the one who took on a fake name."

Christa was stunned, listening to her without a word.

"If I abandon my name and reject who I am, they win. I'm going to keep the name I have and make the best of my life," Ymir declared passionately. "That's the one and only way I can get my revenge. So how do you explain yourself?" She demanded. "Are you gonna commit suicide and make everyone who ruined your life happy?" Ymir said ferociously. "Why is your desire to kill aimed at yourself? If you're so eager, use that passion to change your own fate!"

"I... I can't." Christa said. "Even now..."

She glanced at Daz.

"There's no way the three of us can make it out of here alive." She said.

"There is." Ymir replied and started to walk away.

"Huh?" Christa said and dragged the sled, following.

"I can see the base straight down from here," Ymir stated as the two stood a few yards from the edge of the cliff. "We drop Daz off this cliff."

"What?"

"Hopefully he survives the fall and hopefully someone down there finds him. Sure, it might be a long shot, but..." She said and looked back. "That's his only real chance now. Unless some miracle happens, he'll be an icicle long before you drag him down."

"But... But he'll die for sure if he falls!"

"Shut up!" Ymir said and tossed aside her lantern and threw Christa over her shoulder.

"Huh? Quit it! Ymir!" Christa said, struggling to no avail.

Ymir threw her down a small incline, watching as Christa rolled down and slid into a tree, causing snow to fall on her.

"I'll do it myself, so get moving already!" She said and walked away and blue lightning struck.

Christa crawled out of the small pile of snow, stunned to see no one at the top.

"It can't be... Wait!" She said, struggling up the incline, slipping once. "Ymir, wait!" Once at the top, she twisted her head left and right. "They're both... gone."
.

At the base, Eren had a backpack on, ready to leave.

"It's better if you guys don't come along. Like our instructor said, you'll only end up becoming more victims." Eren declared.

"I'm coming with you." Mikasa declared.

"I'm not leaving Christa and the others either so I am coming too." Faye said.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Reiner said, standing in the doorway with Bertolt.

"Don't try to stop-" Eren said.

"You're gonna need a lot more gear than that." Bertolt interrupted Eren.

"If you go by yourselves," Reiner said, "you'll be in the same pickle as Christa."

"In a search," Bertolt continued, "the more eyes, the better.".

"You guys... Thanks," Eren said. "To be honest, we could use you."