chapter sixteen || 16

Start from the beginning

Stupid fucking necklace.

Why won't it clip?

Seeing my struggling, he takes a long sigh and comes to stand directly behind me holding his palm out on the side of me.

At first I was confused, but then realise what he wanted me to do then gave him the necklace in his hand.

He raised his hands above my head with both ends of the necklace in each hand and placing it over my neckline. I look at his face in the mirror to see his concentration in trying to fit it perfectly.

The small crease between his eyebrows, the way his mouth is slightly parted and his eyes giving nothing away for me to read.

His hands brush delicately over the back of my neck as he clips it sending all kinds of rushes through my body and my shoulders grow tense.

We steal a glance in the mirror as we both look at each other and his tongue darts out his mouth to lick his bottom lip, as I chew on mine in nervousness.

Why am I nervous right now? God, please give me strength.

I quickly break eye contact and stare at my shoes that are standing by the leg of my table.

He pauses, I look back at him in the mirror. He looks more angry now as he stares at my back, since the dress is quite low and the back is rather revealing.

What is he looking at?

He better not be mad at the dress. It's stunning and I'm not changing it for him.

Oh shit.

My eyes widen in realisation as I remember what's on my back.

My scar.

A long line that goes diagonally across my back from the end of my shoulder bone all the way down to my hip bone.

I must have forgotten to ask Rayne to use concealer to cover it up, that normally works since luckily it's not too visible.

Rayne is the only other person apart from my father who knew about it.

He decides not to question me on it giving me a sense of relief, but instead backs away and leaves the room.

What the fuck was that?

*****

Rayne managed to cover my scar up with her concealer in the back of the car while Camilo drove and Vittorio sitting next to him looking at his watch, occasionally catching eye contact with me through the mirror.

Rayne wore a gorgeous long violet coloured dress, that had a slit running up to her mid thigh and black laced shoes. It was a strapless dress and the back was absolutely ravishing.

Purple is definitely her colour.

Once we finally arrived at the place, we both looked out the window with mouths hung widely open staring at the huge building in front of us.

I look to see a crowd of people standing in front of the entrance, taking many pictures is the car with blinding flashes from the cameras.

We come out of the car and the paparazzi start surrounding us with questions and pictures.

"Vittorio, who is this woman?"

"Mr Russo please look here!"

"Is she your girlfriend, or another one that comes and goes?"