Chapter 10

♕♕♕

"He's so small, are you sure he's sixs? He's just a small pup"
Santiago says in a soft voice as he looks over to the tiny boy lying curled up in his nest

"He is, I'm sure, and It's natural for omegas to be smaller than the average wolf" Conall says reassuringly

The two betas and the Alfa are currently in the nursery discussing the pup and the next steps in his recovery and settlement in the new pack.

" but still, he's literally tiny. He looks no older than a four month old pup " Will said astonished

"I know, I know. But he'll grow stronger and healthier with the proper care and time" Conall reassured the concerned betas.

"is he going to be as small once he finally shifts?" Will asks. in order for the pup to move in with the betas and their sons, he needs to shift into his human form. Considering that they have no idea when he last shift, it could be quite dangerous. so in that case the alfa needs to be by his side in order to calm the boy's omega.

"There's no way to really tell, but I do as well as dr. Alex believes that he will be rather small" Conall

The pup lets out a slight whine before he repositions himself. making Santiago's wolf instantly want to comfort the pup. He looked over at Conall as if asking permission to proceed toward the pup, after receiving a short but unsure nod he's feet carry him towards the nest. He bends down only to carefully lift the small wolf into his arms. His wolf wanted to cry and whimper as he barely felt the pup's presence in the palms of his hands. so tender, so fragile. he felt as if all he had to do was close his hands and the pup would be shatterd.

a hand carefully settles itself on top of Santiago's shoulder making him pull the pup closer to his body and look up at what revealed to be Will with alarmed eyes.

"it's okay, it's only me," he says kissing the side of his husband's head

"Look at him, he's so small and fragile"

"I know love, but he's growing stronger and bigger with time and love" Will says as he looks down at the pup with loving eyes as he strokes over the thin soft fur.

"I'm gonna leave you to have some time with him, be careful, and please notify me if anything is to happen" Conall says before leaving the room, knowing the couple is too drowned in the pup to even think of a response.

"he's just an omega, why did he have to go through all this. He should have had a safe and loving home with parents and a whole pack that loved and cared about him. he shouldn't have had to live life on the run" Santiago says sadly

Omegas are a rare but extremely valuable occurrence in their world. Though usually tiny and slender, these wolfs could defuse a pack of highly volatile, testosterone-filled males, females  and non-binary wolfs with ease. The omegas spoke to the alpha's protective and caring instincts, partially due to the fact that they kept that innocent sweet scent of their juvenile form, along with the pheromones that tickled any wolf's protective instincts.

" I know, he had a mother that cared very much about him but now he has a pack that will treat him as a king" Will says trying to shine some positivity into his husband's mind

His husband just looks at him with sad eyes not producing a legitimate answer. He just looks back at the pup in his hands. Every time he look set the small creature he feels his heart breaking. All he wishes to do is hug him close and never let him go.

"Common love, lay him back down he needs to rest" Will says carefully

"No, no he isn't safe there" Santiago says in a hurried voice

"Yes he is love, this room is probably the safest place in this entire house. I promise you that he's safe here" Will says reassuringly

"can i lay with him? please?" Santiago says looking at his husband with pleading eyes

"okay fine, you can lay with him" Will sights before kissing his husband. He admires all the love and care he already feels for the small pup, it gives the man great hope of a bright future for the pup with a loving family and pack.

Santiago lets out a small happy squeal before hugging the pup close to his chest and moving towards the nest. He carefully lays down the pup in the nest making the little one let out a whine at the loss of warmth. Santiago quickly backs up before shifting into his captivatingly beautiful dark brown wolf form. His thick winter coat gracefully shining in the sneaky light that made it passed the curtains.

The beta quickly jumps into the nest before curling around the small pup almost making him disappear within the curl of the betas body. he gives a few links at the pup's small wounds, hoping to help the healing before he lays his head down looking directly at the pup.

Will looks at his husband's actions with admiration and pride. He could never wish for a better mate. He's the most loving and caring person he has ever met. He feels so incredibly lucky to have such a strong person by his side through life.

With a small smile on his face, he leaves the room to give the two some time and privacy. With Santiago mostly being a stay-at-home dad he wants him to have a strong relationship with the pup. It's important the pup is able to count on someone at all times, especially with the difficulty that lays ahead of him with both his mental and physical health.

"How is he?" a sudden voice breaks Will out of his thoughts. His head snaps up towards the voice only to be met with a smiling Conall

"which one of them?" Will chuckles a bit

"Both, to be honest, how's Santiago taking it?" Conall says

"the pup's okay, and Santiago is finding this a bit hard. He's currently shifted in the nest with the pup. He really didn't want to leave the pup in there alone" Will says, starting to walk down the long corridor making the alfa follow beside him

"hopefully it'll be easier for him as time goes on. I did expect for him to find it hard considering his caring nature" Conall says

"yeah, I know it will. he just needs to calm his instincts" Will explains

"And he will, just give home some time. He will be a great father for that young pup, and so will you" Conall states

"I hope so, all I wish for him is a loving family and pack" Will says with a flicker of concern and sadness filling his eyes.

"I know you do, and he will have all that in due time" Conall smiles as the beta.

Conall feels utterly confident in his decision to let his betas take in the poor pup as one of their own. The look in their eyes tells the Alfa a story of a successful and beautiful life laying ahead for the omega boy.

He sees the concern and worry in his betas. It's valid after seeing the state the pup is in, but even if it's valid and understandable, it's a concern that will last for as long as the pup is alive. It will be a constant worry that something might happen to the small creature, so it will be up to the betas to decide how to handle it.

And Conall is certain it will be a challenge for his best men but that it will reveal results that will change the omegas life for the better.

♕♕♕

NOTE

I hope you enjoyed it, and if you did please vote and comment :)

And if there is any spelling mistakes please let med know <3