Chapter 6

Picture: The main packhouse, The hospital for the pack members who live in the packhouse is in on the lower half of the right-wing, which is also where Eli is currently staying. The members who do not live in the main packhouse, but rather have their own house in the pack town have their own hospital. 

♕♕♕

"Hi alfa, hi luna. so there is currently an available room for the pup, if you wish for him to be moved to the nursery area soon" A sweet nurse says as she enters the pup's room. 

The alfa couple is sitting silently with their hands tied as they look at the fragile pup in the all too large bed. they quickly shift their attention to the nurse.

"that would be great" Conall says emitting a small smile towards the nurse

"Okay, then please just page me when the pup gains consciousness, so I can move him to his new room" The nurse says nervously

"Can't you just move him now? he's absolutely petrified of all of us, so it's only gonna be a huge fuss trying to move him while he is awake. He practically wouldn't even let us touch him just a few hours ago"

Conall asks while Grace carefully strokes over the small pup's filthy fur.

"I'm afraid not alfa, unfortunately, it goes against protocol. It's normal for a pup in such a situation to be confused and disoriented.  so it is believed that the safest approach is for him to be conscious so that we can try to explain what's going on. It will only overwhelm and confuse him further if he wakes up in another unknown surrounding" The nurse explains patiently

"Okay, fine, we'll paige you when he wakes up" the alpha sighs, making the nurse return a respectful nod before walking out the room.

Conall signs once again, rubbing his palm over his face in frustration. Even though it is to be expected it's hard to see such a small fragile being have to go through so much. He so deeply wishes he could have done something to save the mother, so the pup wouldn't have to go tough this all alone. 

suddenly a loud unexpected ping travels through the room making both the alfa and the luna jump ever so slightly in surprise. seeing that the ping clearly directs to Conall's phone he quickly takes it up from his back pocket. A nearly silent groan leaves his mouth as he reads the message, before turning towards Grace.

"Honey, I need to go to the office real quick. Will is having some trouble so I gotta go help for a bit. call me if he wakes up or if anything at all changes" Conall says frustrated

 After finding the pup, Conall quickly handed over his alfa duties for the day to his pack Beta, but it was expected for the under-leveled man to need help with all the responsibilities of both being the packs beta and alfa for the day. and even though Conall clearly instructed for the other man to report if anything were to go wrong or if there were any pack business that the beta had far for enough experience to achieve without his trusted alfa, it was still frustrating that he couldn't be there for the unusual pup. 

"of course, I'll take care of this little one and I'll call you, or well if something happens, if not I won't disturb you. A pack can't run itself so you're probably gonna have a lot to do so" Grace rambles lightly