45. We're friends. for now..

I didn't felt like going to school today. I sighed and got out of bed. Tonight was the dinner with mom's mystery man. I was excited to meet him but my mind wasn't really focus on this. I got dressed quickly and got out of my room.

I wasn't hungry so i didn't eat breakfast and only took a cup of coffee and went outside to smoke

I wasn't hungry so i didn't eat breakfast and only took a cup of coffee and went outside to smoke. Dustin got out and stand next to me. "Hey i have to get to school early today, do you mind going right now?" He asked. "Nah that's good, got nothing else to do anyway." I responded. We drove to school blasting music as always. We got to school and Eddie was leaning on his van in the parking lot, smoking a cigarette. I parked my car and Dustin got out. "Thanks y/n!" He said before running inside. I got out and Eddie started to walk towards me. "Hey." He said softly. "Hi." I responded. He pulled a joint from his pocket "a little fun before class?" He asked. I knew this wasn't a good idea but i just wanted to spend time with him. I smiled. "I never say no to some fun." I said to him winking.

We walked through the forest next to school and arrived at a picnic table and i sat down. He took off his jacket and sat in front of me. He lighted the joint took a puff and pass it to me. "So did you had time to think?" He asked. I blowed smoke next to me and pass it back. "Think about what?" I asked. "If you're ready to be friends." He said hitting the joint again. He looked so hot when he smoked. "I think so, but at one condition." I said to him. We finished the joint, threw it and he looked at me waiting to hear the condition.

 We finished the joint, threw it and he looked at me waiting to hear the condition

"Friends and nothing more." I said. "For now." He specified, smiling. I rolled my eyes with a smile. "We'll see about that too." I said to him. "Friends it is." He said before taking my hand to shake it. I smiled. "I took your advice by the way.." He said. "Oh yeah? What advice?" I asked. "I got back in the band." He responded. "I'm so happy to hear that." I said smiling. We sat a few more minutes talking about the chemistry work and how we are going to organize to finish it. He looked at me smiling. "Munson, you're always staring." I said laughing. He smiled and licked his lips. "It's cause you always look so damn good." He said smirking. I smiled. "That's not very 'we're just friends' of you Munson." I said laughing. He laughed softly. "You're right. Sorry." He smiled. "We should get to class." He added. I nodded and we got up and got to class. The first two classes went by fast, nothing much happened. It was now lunch and Robin met me at our lockers. "So what's this big smile for?" She asked. I told her everything. "Damn girl, I'm glad things are getting better but honestly I didn't expected you to take him back so soon." She said. "I didn't. We're just friends." I responded. "For now." She said with a smile. I smiled shyly. We went to the cafeteria and decided it was time to sit back with Eddie and the gang. The rest of the band was finally back at the table and Lucy was still sitting at my place and i sighed. "Please don't lose it y/n." Asked Robin. "Too late." I responded. Lucy was wearing MY dress. The dress that got stolen at the pool. I walked to the table. "Hi Lucy, cute dress. Wondered where you got it." I said with a fake smile. She laughed. "This old thing? Charity." She said rudely. I leaned close to her face. "That's funny cause i had a dress just like that. It got stolen unfortunately. What a great coincidence." I said an inch from her face. She smiled. "What a bummer." She responded. "Oh and by the way, if you could get out from MY place, that would be great." I smiled. "Well there's no way im going away from my boyfriend." She said. "Boyfriend? Aww didn't know you and Jeff finally made it official." I said smiling. Eddie smiled too. She huffed. "You know im glad you got this dress, there's one thing i totally hated about it. It stained sooo easily." I said before pouring a cup of fruit punch over her head. She gasped. "You're so dead y/n." She said angry. "We'll see about that." I said smiling. "Hey what is going on here?" Asked principal Higgins. He looked at us. "In my office. Now." He said angry. "Great." I huffed. I winked at Eddie who was smiling and followed the principal.

He sent Lucy home to change and made me sat in the chair in front of his desk. "I'm really disappointed in you miss Henderson." He said. "Well im not. Do you know what it's like to be insulted everyday by this type of girl? No. I only did what i needed to do to defend myself." I responded. He sighed. "I understand where you're coming from, it's not the first time we've had issues with miss Wilson, but i can't take side so i'll have to give you a suspension until next week." He said with a sorry smile. I sighed. Few days off school wouldn't be so bad. He told me to come back Monday morning and come directly to his office. I nodded and got out. I got to my locker to take my things. The gang was getting out of the cafeteria and spotted me. They walked towards me. "So?" Asked Robin. I showed her my suspension paper with a big smile. She laughed. "Honestly seeing Lucy's face was the highlight of my day, nothing could top this." Said Steve smiling. I smiled back and looked at Eddie who was a few steps away. He walked towards me. "Didn't expected that from you Henderson." He said. I smiled. "Hmm im sure i told you a few times..there's a lot of things you don't know about me. First is, i don't take shit from anyone, especially from this bitch." I said. He smiled. "Well thanks for that, she was getting on my nerves." He added. I laughed and we all got out of school. "Hey Henderson." Said Eddie. I turned around. "Since we're starting over, we should hang out sometime. I'm sure you'll get use to this freak." He said putting his hand of his chest. I laughed, thinking about how we had the exact same conversations a few weeks ago, except everything is different now. "Déjà vue am i right?" I said smiling. He smiled too. "We'll see about that Munson." I said to him before getting in my car with Dustin. He decided to skip the rest of the day. We drove home and i felt happy even with the fact that i'll have to tell my mom i got suspended.