Just Friends? •Yang Jeongin•

Start from the beginning

"That you like him,"

Your eyes quickly shot up to meet Jisung whom was smiling innocently.

"How do you-"

"Jisung!" a voice called out from beside you two, making you both divert your gazes.

Jeongin and Hyunjin were approaching you.

"You were supposed to meet us at Mrs. Lee's!" Hyunjin hit the back of Jisung's head as Jeongin made his way to the open seat beside you.

"Why is everyone hitting me today?!" Jisung exclaimed, sitting up in his seat with wide eyes as Hyunjin ruffled his hair up in a mess.

"What are you working on?" Jeongin asked in a soft tone, glancing over at the paper in front of you.

You looked up at him for a moment before looking back down at the worksheet. Your heart was beating fast in your chest.

"Just math homework," you sighed, letting Jeongin slide the paper over in front of him to take a look at it.

You stole a quick glance at his side profile, studying how he tried helping you despite not understanding it either. Hyunjin and Jisung were both grinning ear to ear at the two of you in hopes that you would finally tell him how you feel.

"Okay," Jeongin slid the paper back over in front of you after figuring out the answer to problem 4.

"This fourth term is 9 after the 7," Jeongin pointed at the paper, leaning against your arm to see the problem right.

You felt the butterflies in your stomach even more after feeling how close he was to you. His chest was brushing up against your shoulder, making your heart beat so loud that you thought he would hear.

"Thank you," you cleared your throat, feeling your face get red as you quickly wrote the number down.

"Why is your face getting red-"

"I'll catch up to you guys in 6th period," you cut Jeongin off in a hurry, quickly grabbing your things as you left the library.

Your heart was beating so fast. You needed to get out of there before anything else happened. It was bad enough that Jeongin noticed your face getting red.

You quickly walked down the hallway with your head low, clutching onto your binder with your bag swung over your shoulder that was still unzipped. You could feel yourself getting angry and frustrated all over again. But tears were forming instead.

You wished it could be different and tell him how you feel, but it's too unlikely that he feels the same way. And if you do tell him, it'll ruin your friendship and everything will be awkward between you two. It wouldn't be the same.

"Y/n!" Jeongin called out from down the hallway by the library doors. But you were already by the stairwell.

You didn't stop walking. You quickly wiped the tears from your eyes in a hurry before he caught up with you.

"Wait up!" Jeongin ran up to you, grabbing your wrist to stop you from walking any further.

You turned around and looked up at him. Your face finally returned to its normal color.