"Run away from here!" She yelled, taking the girl's hand, she ran. "It'll be okay!"

"Why? Everyone already left. The whole village knew my mother's legs were bad. But not a single person came to help." Kaya said. "All I could do was watch."

Sasha tossed the bow and arrows over the drawn side of the bridge and helped Kaya over. Glancing back, she noticed the Titan approach the bridge and cried out when the wood beneath her cracked and fell.

She quickly climbed over. The Titan's foot when through the hole and it grabbed onto the drawn up half of the bridge, pulling itself up.

"It'll be okay! It's okay." Sasha said, looking back.

Sasha looked down at Kaya.

"Hey, listen up." Sasha said and Kaya looked up. "You'll be fine. Keep following this path. Run as far as you can. I promise someone will be there to help you. You might not find them right away... But still, keep running until you do!" Sliding to a stop, she turned, shoving the girl in the opposite direction as she faced the approaching Titan. "Now, go! Run!"

Kaya watched, stunned. Sasha readied an arrow.

"Get runnin'!" She said and tilted her head to see Kaya running away, the girl's eyes clear, no longer dazed.

The arrow pierced the Titan's neck and it continued to move.

Sasha sprinted, looking back. 'If I take out both eyes, it'll buy us plenty of time.' She climbed a short incline, taking aim once more. The arrow nicked the Titan's ear.

'Only...two left.' Sasha loaded the third arrow. 'Relax...' The Titan's head bobbed as it walked. 'All it is...is a big...slow moving...target!' The arrow hit the Titan's eye. 'Got it!'

'One more arrow. But, if I miss this...' The ground shook as the Titan stood at the edge of the incline. '...we can't escape. If I miss, me and...' Sasha closed her eyes, recalling Kaya running away. '...that girl...'

With a cry, Sasha threw away the bow and clutched the arrow in her hand, getting in position to stab.

Sasha stuck the arrow in the Titan's other eye, causing blood to fly out, leaning into its chest. Its arms wrapped around her and she struggled.

Sasha slipped down, shoving the Titan's head up as she did so.

Sasha slid down the incline and ran away as the Titan searched blindly. 'I slipped out thanks to that blood.' She looked at her hand. 'Now I've gotta find that girl!'

Sasha stopped running and looked at the short inline.

"Huh? Sasha?" Her father said and gasped.

A man beside him had Kaya. Sasha could only stare.
.
.

A group rode through the forest. Kaya sat silently, a saddened expression on her face and tears in the corner of her eyes. Sasha smiled at her, relieved.

"We been givin' horses to everyone in the area," Mr. Blouse explained. "That girl told us someone was still back there. Who'da thunk it was you? You fought off a Titan for that girl, didn't ya?" She grunted. "Sasha... Yer all I hoped for."

Sasha gasped and smiled, "Father... I'm home."
.
.

"Connie, wait!" Reiner yelled, Bertolt and two other Scouts riding behind him.

Connie rode ahead of the group.

"Calm down!" Reiner yelled. "There could be Titans anywhere!" They reached the village and Connie raced in. "Get back here, Connie!"