Sasha blinked, straightening.

"No matter what trouble comes yer way, ya can't go beggin' for help. If you're not there for them," He told her. "don't expect them to be there for you. I'm willin' to give up our traditions if it means I can live with my family. Goes to show ya our world's connected, whether you like it or not." He explained. "Sasha, are you that much of a scaredy-cat?"

His words struck a note with her.

"Is it that hard for you to leave this forest behind and get along with others?"
.
.
.

Sasha raced through curving dirt path in the forest. 'It's been 3 years since I've been back. Surely he realised something was amiss and fled...' She gasped, noticing the massive footprints. 'It can't be! Way out here?'

'They've already come this far?! This place isn't safe for people anymore.' Sasha rode with a grim expression on her face.

Exiting the trees, she saw the small village. 'What's that? A new village?' One half of the wooden bridge was drawn up but her horse easily climbed it and jumped, landing on the flat side and continuing to gallop into the village.
.

In a house, a Titan could be seen crouching. A little girl with short blonde hair sat, eyes glossed over. To her left, the Titan gnawed on her mother's leg. It opened its eyes. Kaya continued to stare at nothing.
.

Sasha stood outside the house.
.

The woman struggled to free herself from the Titan, face covered with sweat.

Tiring out, the woman's head hit the floor, watching her daughter. Kaya slowly turned her head and Sasha cried out, bringing the axe down on the back of the Titan's neck.

Sasha continued to hack away at the Titan. Droplets of blood squirted out and steam blew from the nape but the Titan ignored her.

'Damn! If I don't slice it off, it'll just heal back up!' The axe slipped from her hands, hitting one of the wooden support beams.

Sasha screamed in disbelief. She stepped back and noticed the girl.

"A child?"

Cautiously, she moved away from the Titan, watching as the woman's gaze followed her.

"I'm so sorry..."
.

The two tore out of the house, Sasha holding Kaya's hand.

"What's your name?" Sasha asked.

Kaya didn't reply, still dazed.

"Don't worry. It'll be okay." Sasha said and began to untie her horse from the post.

"What will?" Kaya asked.

"Huh? What? I mean... Um..." Sasha fumbled for an answer.

Behind her, her horse made a sound.

"Steady..." She said and held up her hands. "Steady..." She turned to face the girl. "Um, you see..."

The horse neighed and took off.

"Huh?"

Tears filled the corners of her eyes.

"You're kidding me! Hey!" Sasha jumped up and screamed. "Please wait for us!" She whistled for her loudly.

"There's no need to worry," She assured Kaya. "Please stay calm. It'll come right back."

Kaya looked at her, blank-faced.

"Why are you so nice when you talk?" Kaya asked.

"What?" Sasha asked, confused.

Then She noticed the 3-meter exiting the house. Eyes darting around, she snatched a bow and some arrows sitting on a small crate.