𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. hargreeves family drama

Start from the beginning

diego smirked as his head stayed straight forward.

"you don't even know Grace and again why are you here? you aren't even part of the family." luther frowned his eyebrows deeply and bonnie kneeled down grabbing one of her knifes and without second guessing it she threw it over to luther but she knew exactly where she was throwing it.

it went right past him and over to the wall. it gave them all a mini heart attack glancing at both luther and bonnie.

"talk to her again and she won't miss." diego muttered to luther who's eyes were widen as he looked over at knife at the wall and then over at bonnie who turned away from him and faced the tv.

"anyways," diego cleared his throat, "if he was poisoned, it would have shown in the coroners report."

"well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." luther said his voice filled with like as if he knew it all pissing off Bonnie who went to go retreat back her knife.

"maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision." Diego said earning a snicker from Bonnie. Diego walked to the tv and clicked on a button, "look closer. dad has his monocle. mom stands up. monocle's gone."

Klaus chuckled, "oh, yeah!"

"she wasn't poisoning him. she was...taking it." Diego said walking over to Bonnie and leaning against the couch with her. "to clean it."

"then where is it?" luther asked making them all glance over at Diego, "no, I've searched the house, including all her things. she doesn't have it."

Diego and Bonnie both gave the same stare to luther tilting their head to the side but then Diego glanced down to his hands while Bonnie glanced up to him. Diego shrugged his shoulders looking back up to luther, "that's because I took it from her. after the funeral."

"you've had the monocle this whole time? what the hell, Diego?"

"give it to me."

"I threw it away." Diego said his eyes never leaving luther who had a hard glare to him.

"you what?" luther said and Allison scoffed going back to drinking.

"look, I knew if you found it on mom, you'd lose your shit, just like you're doing right now." Diego said pointing up the knife in is hand up to luther who kept on breathing deeply glaring at Diego.

"Diego, you son of a bitch."

"back off."

"hey. no. calm down." Bonnie and vanya said at the same time looking directly at Luther and Diego who were about to fight with each other. "looks I know dad wasn't exactly an open book. but I do remember one thing he said, mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but - also as a protector."

"what does that mean?" Allison asked confused her arms crossed with one of her hands holding her drink.

"she was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy."

"well, if her hardware is degrading then - we need to turn her off." luther said without a group decision and just putting it on the table.

"whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." Diego snapped looking at everyone, "she's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. she feels things, I've seen it!" Diego shouted his knife now pointing once again at Luther who walked forward.

"she just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die."

"I'm with luther." Allison spoke up making Diego chuckle dryly turning his head over at her.

"Surprise, surprise."

"shut up."

Luther and Diego then looked over at vanya who tilting her head up looking between them opening her mouths and shutting it. "I - i don't-"

"yeah, she shouldn't get a vote." Diego said lifting his hands up in the air and Bonnie kicked him in the back knee making him almost fall and glare back at the girl who smiled innocently at him.

"I was gonna say that I agree with you." vanya then said quickly as Diego got back to his positing.

"okay. she should get a vote." Diego said before pointing over at Klaus, "what about you, stoner boy? what do you got?"

"oh, so what? you need my help now?" Klaus said drowsily, "oh, 'get out of the van, Klaus!' 'well, welcome back to the van."

"what van?"

luther scoffed shaking his head, "what's it gonna be, Klaus?"

"I'm with Diego, because screw you!" Klaus shouted not so loudly, "and if Ben were here, he'd agree with me." Klaus said smiling softly before turning to his side and letting out a hiss.

"Bonnie?" Diego asked turning completely to the younger girl who was on the couch leaning her head in her arms and starting to fall asleep.

"why does she get a vote?" luther snapped.

"because shes part of the family." Klaus said lazily and Diego nodded his head along with Allison who even though she was on Luther's side she still considered the girl as family.

"i go with diego." Bonnie mumbled with her eyes closed and Diego smiled in triumph spinning over to luther.

"four to two." Diego said holding up four fingers on one hand and two on the other hand.

"wait, we're missing someone." Bonnie mumbled softly opening up her eyes making Diego's smile drop and look at Bonnie. "five. he's not here."

"she's right. the whole family has to vote. we owe each other that." Allison said and even though no matter what he chooses Diego still has the upper hand of not shutting her off but it was the least the hargreeves family could do.

"right." luther said.

"No, we should wait." and with that everyone went off to their own places. Bonnie dropped herself down to the couch and brought the blanket over to her body and closed her eyes feeling sleep consume her.

after diego and vanya had a small talk diego walked over to the couch and kneeled down to Bonnie shaking her body softly. Bonnie groaned and reopened her eyes to glare at whoever was waking her up before they soften completely.

"c-c-come on, kid. you can sleep on my bed." Diego whispered to Bonnie cursing himself a little for the stutter and the beginning coming out of him. Bonnie sat up and then dropped her head on his shoulder going back to sleep.

diego sighed deeply wrapping his arms around her waist and picked her up bridal style. the fourteen year old went straight back to sleep as Diego walked up the stairs and went to his room and placed her down on his bed.

diego rubbed his thumb on her forehead feeling a single tear leave his eyes. he always thought about how he never wanted to be a father, because he didn't want to end up exactly like his dad. and he was scared every second of every day whenever he was around Bonnie giving her advice or just spending time with her that he will turn exactly like him.

but if only he knew that he wasn't like him at all. he was a much better person that Reginald with Bonnie. he was more of a father to Bonnie than her own father who never cared about her.

he pressed his lips on her forehead before sighing deeply and slowly walking out of the room, going to do the thing that he was meant to do.