Chapter Fourteen - You Know I'm No Good

(Fit reminder)"Hey Carson, you ready?" A voice called out to the Hufflepuff as another sixth year Hufflepuff stood aside from the common room door

(Fit reminder)
"Hey Carson, you ready?" A voice called out to the Hufflepuff as another sixth year Hufflepuff stood aside from the common room door.
"Coming Casey, sorry about that." The girl stepped out of the common room door, wearing a matching green suit with a black shirt.
"You have nothing to apologise for, Carson- you look- amazing." The boy stood stunned.
"Why thank you Mr Brooksleader, will you take my arm?" She joked, reaching her arm out to the boy,
"Of corse Miss Grove. Always." He linked his arm with hers as the set off, the got to the stairs and the pair took a deep breath and shared a glance  before stepping down them. A few people had gathered to watch the couples walk down the stairs, one of which being Pansy Parkinson and of corse, Draco Malfoy. The Hufflepuff couple made there way into the great hall, a few eyes still on them.
"I'm going to go and say hello to a few friends, your welcome to come with me or I can meet you here in a few minutes if you would prefer?" The boy asked most courteously.
"I'm going to see some friends too, I'll see you here in five?" She asked him. He nodded as the pair went their separate ways.

Carson's eyes darted across the room, looking for Ophelia, but instead she got whisked away by someone else. She got whisked away, by Draco.
"Fucking hell Malfoy, you scared the crap outta me." The Hufflepuff sighed with relief,
"Sorry. But this is a code red. An emergency." He panicked in a whisper.
"What is it now Malfoy. Code red is for real emergencies, when you're jut being melodramatic it's a code purple." Carson sniggered slightly to herself.
"A REAL CODE RED CARSON!" Draco whisper-screamed at her, "I'm here with Pansy, ALL NIGHT!"
"Listen Malfoy, I'm sure it will be fine, it's just one night ok, it's not that big of a deal. If you need to see either myself or Ophelia for a moment you are allowed Malfoy it's not a crime." The girl spoke sarcastically, "now, I'm going back now, see you later." She laughed a little as he rolled his eyes and they both walked off.

"Whilst waiting for Casey, a particular girl caught Carson's eye, Anastasia. She looked stunning, and she was hand in hand with - Lorenzo?

I knew it

Carson found her thought interrupted by Casey's sudden appearance. "Are you ready, they're about to walk in!" He spoke excitedly towards the girl,
"Yeah, I'm so exited to see all their outfits, let alone the dancing. It's all so thrilling." She smiled as the double doors flung open to reveal the champions. They walked in one by one, everyone was smiling, having an great time. So was Carson at that point, until she saw it, Cedric and Cho, dancing together. His arms around her waist and hers around his neck as a particular song began to play. A song she knew. Very well for that matter.

'You can hate me as much as you want Carson but this is our song'

"Carson, may I?" Casey interrupted her thought, giving her little time to react to it.
"Of corse Casey." The pair both had smiled plastered onto one another's faces as the moved onto the floor. Dancing together to that song, Carson trying to suppress the memory. Almost everyone was on the floor at this point, all dancing together.

Time skip

Carson and Casey had naturally separated from one another as the night it went on, currently Carson was fumbling around on the floor with Draco. A voice interrupted the pair from 'dancing.'
"May I?" The voice asked, tapping Carson on the shoulder and holding out his left hand.
"Cedric-" she immediately became flustered, "sure thing-" she stuttered slightly.
The pair danced and danced in utter silence, until Cedric spoke up, "hey Carson, did you here our song playing?" He smiled, looking at her petit frame draped over his muscular shoulders.
"Yeah, yeah I did. You were dancing with Cho right?" She frowned a little at the memory.
"Yeah, yeah I was, we came here together, but she's over with some friends and I remembered how good company you are, besides, you are too pretty to be ignored tonight." He continued to smile at her, both of the pair slightly going red.
"Thanks Diggory." She lent her head into his shoulder, pulling their bodies even closer than before, smiling into the crook of his neck as they swayed. "I mean, fuck off diggory."

———————————————————————-
Word count - 764

A/N

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed. I really loved writing this one, there will be a post Yule ball chapter out soon just to tie off any loose ends. Remember to check out IvyRose_666 and her fabulous book. I also have a pirates oneshots book out that has recently been updated so please do check that out too. Thank you so much, remember to comment and vote <33