Chapter Nine - Let Down

"Either way, I'm glad you're back. It's been like hell here without you" Carson spoke softly as herself and Anastasia made their way to the great hall where Dumbledore had called upon the school for an assembly of some form. The headmaster stood before the school, and the goblet of fire, to announce this years tri-wizard champions. The first name pulled out of the cup was Victor Krum, everyone cheered and clapped as he walked up to the front and shook hands with Dumbledore. Second out of the cup was Fleur Delacrour, she swiftly got up as students began to clap once more, she too went up to the front of the great hall. Carson began to shake out of nerves, she was frightened for the one she hated the most, something was telling her to fear for him, something deep inside.
"And are Hogwarts champion is..." the girl held her breath "Cedric Diggory!" People began to clap and cheer for him but all Carson could do was sit. She was in a state of pure shock. How could he get it? So many people put their names in, did it have to be him? Many questions flooded her mind before she was shaken up by her dear friend Anastasia.
"Come on Carson, come on" Stacy helped up her friend, not understanding why she was in shock but knowing it was because of the results. Both the girls made for the common rooms that evening.

"Hey err Carson?" A voice stopped Carson dead in her tracks from entering her doorm. "Are you going to be coming to the party tomorrow? It's nothing too fancy, just a bit of fun really" The voice asked softly.
"Yes Diggory, I'll be there" she reassured him with a comforting smile "is it only Hufflepuffs or can I bring Stacy with me?" The girl questioned him, still not moving to look at him
"Sorry, Hufflepuff only" The now tri wizard champion replied sheepishly
"It's ok" she reassured him with a comforting smile

"OWCH NO YOU CANT COME IN!" Screams echoed through the halls "I WON'T ALLOW IT" more screams ran over the stone brick walls
"Please" it fell silent
"NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT!" The yelling continued
"OKAY! Okay fine, can you please send in a message?" A girl spoke as calmly as she could
"Fine. What." An old painting, used as a doorway replied with a snap.
"Can you please tell Anastasia Woodlock that Carson Grove requires her immediately." The Hufflepuff asked gently
"Fine." The painting walked away for a moment. Soon after it began to walk back, but this time, with someone.
"Hey Carrie what's up" Anastasia spoke as she stepped out of the painting.
"Hey Stacey, so I need your help" Carson said as the pair began to walk away from the Ravenclaw common room "there's this Hufflepuff party tonight and I really need your help, I don't have anything to wear" the sixth year spoke as the pair went down a set of stairs,
"OF CORSE I CAN HELP YOU!" Anastasia squealed "give me, say, ten minutes and I'll have some outfits prepared for you to try on. Meet me in the prefects bathroom." The girl smiled as she spun around on her heel and turned back into her common room. Carson made her way to the bathrooms and waited patiently before hearing footsteps approach. She could tell by the pattern that it was Stacy. As the door flew open, the girl stood up with haste.
"Ok, you've got three options, try them on and we'll see what works." Anastasia spoke with a sense of assertiveness in her voice. She handed her Hufflepuff friend the first outfit and hurried her over to one of the cubicles. Once Carson was changed, she stepped out to get Anastasia's opinion.

 Once Carson was changed, she stepped out to get Anastasia's opinion

"This is stunning, honey, you look good in everything." Anastasia spoke while analysing the outfit carefully.
"It's really pretty, I'm not sure if it's right though." Carson hummed, slightly regretfully
"We're off to a good start at least, anyway, outfit number two." Anastasia handed Carson another outfit, folded rather neatly. After the girl get changed, she stepped out once more, again, seeking her best friend's opinion.

 After the girl get changed, she stepped out once more, again, seeking her best friend's opinion

"I really love this on you Carrie" Stacy said in awe "like I really love it."
"Thank you, me too, it's much more comfortable than the last I think." Carson smiled gently "I think I'll try the third one on but it his one might be the one" the Hufflepuff turned slightly to see more of the dress in the mirror before walking back to the cubicle holding, another pristine pile of clothes.

" Carson smiled gently "I think I'll try the third one on but it his one might be the one" the Hufflepuff turned slightly to see more of the dress in the mirror before walking back to the cubicle holding, another pristine pile of clothes

As Carson stepped out of the door for the third and final time, Anastasia tripped over herself in admiration. "Wow Carrie, never mind what I said before. This. Is. The. One." She said, still jaw dropped.
"I-i love it" Carson beamed in the mirror. "I love it." Neither of the girls could stop smiling at the outfit. "Wow. Just wow." Stacy spoke, still in a state of wonderment. "This is going to be perfect, you're going to own in tomorrow honey, you WILL own it" the Ravenclaw laughed slightly. The pair heard footsteps entering the bathrooms, Anastasia rushed Carson back into a stall so they wouldn't get caught, however, by now they were pro at hiding in there. It was, at this point, a hobby.

——————————————————————————
Word count - 900

A/n
Sorry it's a short one, I felt like I needed to push the story along a little more as this is quite a slow burner, so apologies. As per go and check out the fabulous author IvyRose_666  she is currently working on a hp book called 'dandelions' and might be preparing for a new fic 🤫, have a wonderful day/ night!

Don't forget to vote and comment as it really gets me motivated to write more