Chapter Ten - Piledriver Waltz

(This is the sort of look we're going for)

Deep breaths Carson, deep breaths. It'll be ok, it'll be a laugh. Thoughts raced across Carrie's mind. The sixth year stood outside of the Hufflepuff common room alone. She hated going to social situations alone. Anastasia was her rock. What was she to do? Just get it over and done with, was her last thought before she muttered the password to the common room. The painting flung open to reveal a lively party in front. The girl stepped inside, trying not to draw attention to herself as she analyses the contents of the gathering. There was music, dancing, lights, drinks- alcoholic and soft by the looks of it, and people, lots of people. As Carson took a few more steps inside, a hand swiftly grabbed her wrist, causing her to spin around and stand face to face with a fellow Hufflepuff.
"CARSON!" Another sixth year screamed slightly over the booming music
"Bloody hell Fennela, give me some warning next time will you" Carson sighed in relief
"Sorry my dear, it's so odd seeing you without Anastasia, I barely recognise you without her next to you" Fennela replied
"Yeah, I know I saw her only a few hours ago but I miss her Fen, she's my best friend" Carson sighed
"I know she is honey" there was a long pause between the two girls "listen, try to relax tonight, I know she's not here right now but you get to tell her all about this when you see her later, for now, will you dance with me?" Fennela giggled, holding her hand out for Carson to take. The pair danced jokingly around the floor until they both couldn't move from the laughter. Carrie separated herself from Fennela for a moment to grab herself a drink. She examined the shelves before picking out the most vibrant of drinks and taking herself over to a corner, there weren't as many people around her and it was much cooler where she stood. It was nice.

"You really came..?" A stunned voice made Carson spin her head "wow Carson, you look...well...really nice tonight" Cedric scratched the back of his neck, darting his eyes to the floor as he spoke.
"Thank you Diggory, as do you" Carrie shot a friendly smile to the boy as she took another sip out of her drink.
"Could I interest you in a dance?" The prefect spoke, making eye contact with the girl.
"Sure thing, lead the way" Carson giggled as she put her drink down and let Cedric lead her to the floor.

The pair danced the night away, laughing and joking around. Song after song played as the pair continued twirling around in the centre of the rather small floor. Hours felt like minutes, it was picture perfect. A core memory some might say.

(Please change the song to despair in the departure lounge- arctic monkeys)

The tempo changed abruptly as a mush slower song began to fill the room, calming everyone. Cedric and Carson formed some kind of slow dance, she rested her chin on his shoulder as he buried his head in the crook of her neck while they danced. The pair swayed in sync to the slightly grainy music, and soon enough, they became the only two left dancing.
"I like this song" Carson hummed
"Me too" the boy mumbled back, sounding very sleepy. "I think this is it..."
"This is what?"  Carrie asked
"This is our song." He stated
Carson was still confused "Our song?"
"Yep, you can hate me as much as you want Carson but this is our song." The both tried to suppress the smile that was creeping onto his face.
"Ok Diggory. Our song..."

Those were the last words spoken that evening. The pair let the song play out before making it back to their dorms. 'you can hate me as much as you want Carson but this is our song' what did this mean? What did any of it mean? The dancing, the song, everything. These thoughts did not worry Carson however, they only sparked questions. It was a good night, a good night.

—————————————————————————
Word count - 696

A/n
So sorry it's a short one today, I had no motivation at all during writing this (this may be edited so the chapter may change slightly after this is published, apologies). Also I had a sudden realisation that I am ten chapters in and we have done no tasks yet sooooo yeah. Anywho, make sure to check out IvyRose_666 her last chapter was IMMENSE so please so go and read that. Have a good day :)

Please make sure to vote and comment as it really helps my motivation