What could she possibly write about? That she was a lost child on the road of life, not knowing which route to take and which direction to follow? That she didn't have any goals and didn't see the purpose of her existence? That she hated her life and the person she had become?

"Times up everyone. Put down your pencils or pens." There teacher suddenly announced, breaking the pleasant tranquility that filled the room a moment ago. Khushi jerked her head
backward at the abruptness of the declaration.

Blinking hazily for a few times, as if she had just been awakened from a dream and embraced by reality. Her gaze fell upon the blank sheet of paper lying abandoned on her desk.

She hadn't written a word yet.

The girls who could write books didn't have words .

"Alright, I'm just going to call the first person I see on the attendance list to read their poem." Teacher conveyed while her dark eyes skimmed through the list of names, subconsciously picking out the names that she recognized right away, or hadn't seen before.

"Khooshee ." She suddenly called out and averted her attention from the list of names and to her students. Glancing around, she sought for the owner of that name.

Khushi was stunned to hear her name and stood up abruptly in response to the call. Her heartbeat escalated within a few seconds, pounding rapidly, chaotically inside of her chest, as if trying to leap out of her throat. She could feel the blood rushing to her face, causing different shades of red to spread across her cheeks.

The teacher shifted her eyes to Khushi and smiled at her. "You must be the student who always bunked. I thought your name looked familiar." She commented, although it sounded more like she was talking to herself than to Khushi. "Anyhow, please share your poem with the class."

Khushi stared down at her paper, gulping, enveloped by panic and nervousness. Her hands were trembling and her mind was blank, making improvising nearly impossible.

"Khooshee?" The teacher inquired, quirking an eyebrow as her dark eyes scrutinized the standing girl whom apparently was lost in a world of her own. "Please read your poem to the class." She repeated, louder and clearer this time, as a finger tapped impatiently against her arm. Her eyebrows furrowed disapprovingly at the lack of response.

Arnav was sitting beside her. His emerald eyes were focused on Khushi and he could sense her discomfort levels rising at a speed that was greater than that of the speed of light. Her small form was quivering, and gave away the impression that she was going to shatter at any moment.

She finally forced out the first word that came into her mind after the long pause, or rather, the first word that sounded logical as the start of a poem. Her voice was soft and quiet. Most of the students were beginning to fidget in their seats as they attempted to listen to her almost silent speech. It was then a girl at the far right corner burst out as the advocate of everyone's discontent.

"Read louder. We can't hear you. Are you mute or something?" The girl jabbed out loud, sending Khushi an exasperated glance. Other students laughed quietly and whispered conspiratorially to the person next to them.

Arnav frowned at the speaker and glared at her grimly. Luv had a smugly smirk tugging on her glossed lips as she laughed mockingly, dark blue eyes revealing apathy.

Khushi pressed her lips into a thin line. Her eyes were strained upon the paper on her desk and unsure of what to do. The sense of panic was slowly taking over her body and mind. Maybe she shouldn't have choose this as her elective subject. Maybe she should've just stayed at home.