16

Arnav looked up from his reading, feeling greatly annoyed that his reading had been interrupted…

Khushi rolled her eyes . "For goodness's sake, Arnav, what happened what did the report say , your mother is fine right !"

She remembered Arnav telling her his mother is not feeling well for last few days.

Arnav groaned, his sister words buzzing in his head

"Maa is pregnant "

He seriously don't know what to do or say
He even left early not wanting to see his parents now , he don't trust himself ,if something will come out of his mouth, that will make his mother more upset.
He didn't say anything last night too stunned to react.
He just silently went back to his room, thankfully his parents didn't came to call him for dinner , he don't know how his sister is taking the news.

He jolted back when Khushi shook him hard ,"Raizada what happened,why are you not saying anything!!!
She is fine right??",

Khushi very well knows how much he loves his mother, she even woke up early too tensed about her she tried calling him but he was not responding,later she even thought she will go to his place to meet his mother as Anjali's friend.

But She was shocked to see him in the college library who seems too lost in the book ,if one didn't notice he was holding the book upside down.

Taking the book from his hands forcefully to which he grunts incoherently,"it's upside down Raizada!!!" Khushi is really worried now she has never seen him so tensed.

Not wanting anyone to disturb him right now he himself don't know what will blurt out of his mouth if he anyone comes in his vicinity that's why he has been avoiding everyone since morning.

Pushing her away,"Khushi I will talk to you later"he knows he doesn't have any control on him when he is angry so avoiding is the best option for him, he marched out frustrated with the situation,
Khushi looked at his retreating figure muttered ,"something is really wrong"

Arnav gritted his teeth seeing Khushi in front of him again,"KHUSHI !!!!
PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE, I Need Some Time "

Khushi gets hurt ,when he started shouting, gulping down the lump ,"okay I will leave but just tell me your mother is fine right!! "

Arnav realised his mistake when he heard her voice comes out as a whisper in the end he looked up to see her eyes moist ,"Khushi I am sorry I didn't mean to shout", he knows Khushi is nowhere at fault he makes her upset unnecessarily.

"It's okay", not getting upset with his words ,"your mother???"

Arnav realised he has to tell her even she is worried, muttering slowly,

"she is pregnant "

Khushi looked at him confused,"What??"

He slammed his closed fist against the wall, biting his tongue as he piped down the impulse to say it again.

"She is pregnant Khushi"

For a moment Khushi stood there numb then a slowly a smile formed on her lips, giving a friendly hug to him,"congratulations Arnav !!!!
Oh my God!!!!
That's really sweet!!
Arnav you have to give me a treat !!!!

Khushi blabber not seeing how his facial expressions change,he shouted," What the hell is so funny Khushi, what is there to be so happy about!!!"
Saying this he started to leave, too enraged with the turn of events even the girl he loves is making fun of his situation.

Arnav tried to gather the remaining of his cool composure. when Khushi suddenly held the hem of his jacket stopping him from moving,he count backwards trying hard to control the lava bubbling inside him,"KHUSHI LEAVE ME!!!"