Chapter 10

Since they could not get out of where they were they just used what was at their disposal. Those who had food in their pouches cooked them and ate while others practiced inedia, rested and meditated.

Lan Zhan just meditated in other to calm his turbulent emotions. ' I'll be able to see where Wei Ying was during the three months he went missing...'

After they settled down, they started voicing their thoughts about what they had just seen happen.

'' Wei Wuxian...watched his parents die...'' said a cultivator in a daze, '' burnt them by himself...and escape from the creatures that killed his parents...'' said another.

'' 'meditate frequently so that the little light in your stomach will grow...and you'll be strong' '' said a cultivator. The others just recalled the heart wrenching scene before the realisation hit them with another exclaiming ''does that mean at that age he already had a small core?''
Many just settled down with gasps and widening of their eyes.

'' a genius that appears once in a millennia...and also very intelligent...'' voiced Lan Qiren as the realisation hit him '' so... that's how she died... looking back, I've always only seen her in her son not bothering to look at the kid properly...''

'' my little a-xian...'' said Jiang Yanli in between sobs while cradling little Jin ling in her arms. Jin Zixuan cradling both of them in a daze. ''....Wei Wuxian...'' was the only thing that came to his mind when he tried thinking.

The cultivators watched the Lan clan members fall asleep with one another and guessed it must have been 9pm.
The naxt time  they woke it was 5am as everyone had something to eat for those who needed and tended to their morning businesses.
They went back to the large hall....some discussing amongst themselves and others anticipating empathy and getting ready in other not to be overwhelmed.

Effectively, empathy began when everyone was present.

'' Child.... child.... '' said a croaked but soft voice. Barely audible whimpers answered the voice. A grandmother or perhaps an old woman knelt beside a bed with a small body covered in bandages laying in it breathing heavily and running a fever.
  The woman changed the bandages, washed the kid, fed him soup as much as she could and process repeated for a whole weak always starting with calling out to the kid ''child.... child...'' in a croaked but soft voice.