Chapter 9

'ugh...my clothes are all tattered...' then fainted only for an old woman to pick him up and go away with him.

Empathy suddenly ended, the cultivation world was entranced. They could not imagine what a kid of his age had just gone through in empathy. Many way crying silently others had horror strickened faces parents were mortified while children were scared. Many cultivators had an emotional breakdown especially women unknown to them this was only the beginning.
Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng, were crying silently, Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen, Lan disciples, Fengmian, Yu Ziyuan, Luo Qinyan(Mianmian. Don't know if that's how it's written), practically all the adults were horror stricken because they had just realised what empathy really meant, they could feel the emotions of the person whose memories they were watching, the person's wounds , thoughts and all the like. Those who brought children with them looked a bit relieved when they noticed the children were not connected emotionally and all the like to empathy, they were just spectators. Parents were scared their children could also go through 'that' at least for those who cared.

Lan Zhan just stood there with tears rolling down his cheeks not bothering to wipe them away. For someone like him whose emotions are wild from the start got overwhelmed by Wei Ying's. ' Wei ying...you hurt soo much yet still smile....'

Lan Xichen looked at his brother worriedly, while also just barely stopping his own tears because appart from when Wei Wuxian died, they had not witnessed any sort of emotion from Wanji again. ' ...so it'll always be Wei Wuxian to bring out your emotions huh!....baby brother...'

''So that's why he was so scared of dogs...'' said Jiang Cheng in a daze but everyone heard. They did not comment on this discovery about the Yilling patriarch but just found it normal for him to be traumatized.since empathy did not start anymore they began exploring here and there until some cultivators found some facilities that included rooms with many beds, kitchens, toilets, and the strick minimum for survival. Since they could not get out of where they were they just used what was at their disposal.