The compliment caused Khushi to look over her shoulder. " Is that supposed to be for your mother Khushi? last kiss?" Arnav asked inquisitively.

"Yeah it's about my mother," Khushi answered quietly, remembering the overly brief moment

Flashback ends

Khushi tightened her grasp around her diary and held it closer to her heart. Writing is her life, and she had carried her diary wherever she went ever since her she was young .

Her mother bought her the diary as a gift for her twelfth birthday and encouraged her to write, to express her feelings—the things she couldn't say —through writing . She feels easy to express herself. It was the only way she could be honest with herself and cast aside the delusive lies that surrounded her.

Nothing was hidden, nothing was masked. She writes the image she saw in her mind; the beautiful reflection of  heart.

Khushi loved writing her dreams land when she was younger.

On the other side

Arnav went back to flashback when he first noticed Khushi he remembers her words from two days back he wasn't able to meet her he went to hospital with his parents then he gets stuck in some work but her words still ring in his mind

"I came from a place Arnav even a fifty years old want to sleep with me ,

some are married some have a girlfriend still I was the one to blame for

there breakup these girls forget the fact that it's there partner who came to me leaving them because I was the new girl in town let's try her how is she in the bed.

Another Flashback

Arnav was surprised, stunned to see a dark hollowness in her eyes. He didn't recall on seeing it before, when he met her for the first time. Or maybe he was just being more observant this time since he wasn't paying much attention to his friends, who were actually absurd enough to talking randomly about something he wasn't paying attention to.

There was a great saying: "one's eyes are the windows to their soul". But no matter how hard he looked, he just couldn't find a justification for such seemingly innocent, frail girl to possess a soul as broken and tormented as this one.

Her face was unusually pale under the illuminating rays of the sun. It cast a faint golden glow over her cheek, tinting it slightly silvery and white. Her lips were pressed into a thin line like they did before. The corners of her small, almost delicate mouth never lifted up, as if she was rebelling silently against something.

She didn't smile like other girls around her age. The detached look in her eyes revealed her intent on being invisible and unnoticed by the world, matching the almost dark and mysterious aura around her perfectly. She was different, very different from the other girls he had encountered before. And this mere fact intrigued him immensely.

He didn't even know why he was paying so much attention to her. Perhaps it was because of the absurdity of their meeting, or the mere fact that he was ridiculous rude with her

Nonetheless, she had stirred something in him, and now, all he had to do was figure out what had she stirred.

End of flashback

A grin played on Arnav's lips as he saw her stiffen, flinched subtly at the sight of him, yet she did not move an inch from where she was a moment ago. She had refused to display any signs of weakness to him. This rare tenaciousness revealed by her simple poise enlarged his grin.

He was fascinated by her.

"Long time no see Khushi!" Arnav's teasing voice interrupted her thoughts
"Do you need any help Khushi ", Arnav offered seeing her fumble with her books, the unwavering smile slowly changed into something else, something that resembled a smirk. A devious smirk to be exact.

There are still a lot of things you should know about this chapter, before continuing further."

Khushi nodded along absentmindedly as she listened in silence. While she tried to sound out his name in her mind,"Arnav"

"Khushi, you okay??"
Khushi felt her chest tightened as his soft voice reached her ears. They seemed so unnaturally loud, and deafening in a sense. She was literally frozen on the spot, staring into the pair of sincere green eyes, while she fought hard to keep her collectiveness.

Her mind was in the state of chaos.

The lone statement hung in the air as they stood there in the midst of the hallway, as if they were two people suspended in a single frame of time. Others rushed by without noticing them, as if they were invisible to the naked eyes.

Khushi clutched tautly onto her precious bag her diary in it, until her knuckles turned slightly white. She wanted to look away, but found it hard accomplish that simple task.

Her shoulder was shaking as she struggled to shield away the betraying emotions reflected in her large eyes—the pair of beautiful green eyes that had been staring at her.

The child-like innocence and purity appeared.

Lowering her gaze, she allowed the locks to escape the hold of her hairclip and fell into her eyes, masking the windows of her soul once again.

"I am fine." She replied with a small smile and kept her eyes on the floor. The words came out husky, but didn't shatter. Her voice didn't break. Her weakness wasn't exposed.

Alright then. Just stay with me, okay?" Arnav asked carefully, not wanting to go too far, but far enough to show Khushi he cares.

A smile formed on his face as Khushi sent him a small nod of acknowledgement.

This was just the beginning of another journey, and no one could really predict the outcome of it.

Perhaps the Prince her mother used to tell her so much about when she was young could be him and shine a stream of light into her darkened, world of gray and mistrusts.

Perhaps he could teach her how to trust, how to believe again. And perhaps, he could bring the smile back on her beautiful face.