She raised her head, eyes closed almost in acceptance as she whispered "It's time."

________________________________________________

150 AD

Esther gasped in air as she awoke her eyes landing on the very man who had stabbed her.. He was a handsome darkskinned man with a serious expression, as her eyes searched the room he smiled gently "Your brothers are safe.. They are with my sisters."

Esther looked the man over silently but he knew she was not looking at his beauty "You are wondering how fast I am? To see if you can steal my weapon.. Are you not?"

Esther didn't answer simply looked up with a challenginf expression and the man laughed "I am not going to hurt you girl... My sisters and I have searched for you for a long time, you and your brothers."

"Who are you?"

The man shrugged "I have gone by many names, but the one my sisters currently call me is Farvald."

Esther frowned "I didnt ask your name.. I asked who you were."

Farvald smiled "I am many things, I was born an assyrian slave.. Then I became a warrior, a brother,  and above all a guardian.. And that is what I will teach you too be."

Esther watched the man in confusion as he stood and motioned her to follow, she did standing and moving through the cave that she had woken in.

The two came to an open area where Esther found her brothers on the defense glaring at three women. When the boys eyes landed on Esther they immediately relaxed and approached her

"Sister!"

"Are you all right?"

She simply nodded her eyes still on Farvald who spoke to his sisters before turning to the four of them "Your training begins now."

The four siblings looked between each other in confusion before David stepped forward taking the lead as he always did "Training for what?"

The other four laughed before growing serious "You truly do not know?" One of the women asked frowning as the four siblings shook their heads.

Farvald sighed and stepped forward "You are the chosen.."

Confusion was his only answer so he continued "When you were young, you were all called to each other, were you not?"

Esther stepped forward eyes wide "How did you?"

"Know that? The same way I know that you can manipulate people with your voice. Because I am the same, as are my siblings.. We were chosen much as you have been... Chosen to help the Champion save this world from the darkness."

As the night drew on the four siblings who were names Farvald, Dyanis, Reyna, and Aphrodite sat beside each of the siblings. Farvald moved to a place beside Esther "You wonder about your calling? About what we are?"

Esther stared into the distance "It makes no sense."

A grin came from the older immortal before he sighed "What do you know of our kind? Of where we came from, before the game began?"

Esther shrugged memories of the things Methos had told her flitting through her mind "There are different tales, some say we are born of the stars, others that our immortality is gifted to us by the gods.. Yet others say we are gods."

Farvald tilted his head "Which do you believe?"

Esther gave a scoff "Well, we are not gods... I believe it is a gift of God, but I do not understand why only some recieve it."