I thought you still loved me

-YN's POV-

I was drawing in my sketchbook, when I hear some static on my walkie-talkie.

"Hello? Who's there?" I say. All I hear is heavy breathing, this doesn't sound like anyone in the party?

"Who is this?" I say sternly. This is getting me annoyed. "Hello? Answer me right now!" I demand. The breathing gets faster, as the walls turn dark, the vines appear, and the little snowflakes fall.

"Oh not this again." I say, i'm tired of this, I want a normal life. I start coughing, and I cough up.... a slug looking thing? Weird.

I got into its mind and- dead. I decide to walk out, see how this looks, why am I still connected to this place?

"LET ME OUT!" I scream. I decided that whatever I have to do this place, I want out.

I hear a loud roar in the distance. Oh shoot. What in the world was that.

I run into my room and get under my desk. "Welcome to your life, there's no turning back...." I start. I close my eyes and keep humming the song.

"Please let me out." I say. I open my eyes and shut them very hard. I open them again and it's all gone.

This is so weird. I get out the weird book, I decided to call it the Upside Down book, and look at it.

I decided to call it that because all the writing the "H.C" person writes is backwards, it starts from the right.

like this.

I open it and flip to an empty page. But next to it I see something unreal.

You'll never escape me.
           -Mind Flayer

It reads, nothing else. Just that. In the middle of the page.

I wasn't planning g o. heading to school today but this just gave me a reason to.

I ride my bike as I ride past Will's house, it makes me feel... sad.

I get to school and park my bike, knowing the people I'll have to face.

I get into Mr. Clarkes classroom and sit down. Mike doesn't even bother to look at me but Will gives me an awkward smile.

As the period ends. I walk out of the classroom. I stop the party "Guys, okay I know half of you don't wanna talk but.. there's something weird going on." I tell them. "Can we meet in this room at lunch, please?" I say, with a pleading look on my face.

"Fine" "Okay" "Sure" "No problem" They respond.

"Alright, I'll see you guys later." I say as I walk off to my next class, I'm just happy I get to have a normal talk with them today.

I walk into my next class and draw away. I draw a simple picture, of all of us being happy. I wish it was true.

-Time skip-

The time finally comes for lunch as I go to my locker to leave my items. I decide to leave my food as I wasn't really hungry.

I walk into the cafeteria and see the boys sitting down. Will next to Dustin facing Mike next to Lucas so the two boys were separated.

"Um, hey guys." I say awkwardly as I sit in between Will and Mike.

"So, lemme show you what happened." I say, after none of them gave me a response.

I open up the book to the page I saw earlier and show the guys. "Look, I saw this earlier and-" I say before Dustin interrupts.

"What do you mean you saw that earlier? You didn't write it?" He says, placing his fingers on the words.

I nod my head to his question and all the boys start talking about this.

"Did you see anything before this?" Lucas asks.

"Yeah, so basically, I've been getting these weird flashbacks where I enter the Upside Down again and wherever I am, it just looks like it would... there." I begin. "So today, I had one of those flashbacks and after I got my book, it said that. It was weird." I finish, trying to get all the details into this.

"You think this is something for the Upside down that wants to fight you?" Mike says. Finally, hearing him talk to me, feeling worried about me when I get into random messes felt... nice.

"I don't know, Will have you been getting these too?" I ask, talking about the 'flashbacks' as I call them.

"Actually.. yeah. I just haven't gotten one today, but yeah I did actually. Have you been hearing roaring in the distance by any chance?" He questions.

"Oh my gosh, yes I have. Well I only heard it today but that counts." I say, babbling. It just felt so normal for once.

"Okay, so we have to protect you guys." Lucas says. Dustin and Mike agree. "No, I'm good. I'll protect myself. I don't want you guys getting hurt." I say. "Yeah same." Will agrees.

"No, I don't want you getting hurt- I mean you guys. I don't want you guys getting hurt." Mike says as his cheeks glow red of embarrassment.

"Mike, Im serious, we got this." I say winking at him. "Im gonna go." Will says, probably noticing my gesture.

"Not so fast, Will, I've got to talk to you." I say

— — — —

"Well, are we not gonna talk about yesterday?" I ask Will "Yeah, we should. I don't think it's the best if we-" Will starts as I quickly interrupt him, not wanting to hear the words coming out of his mouth.

"I know it was difficult, I'm sorry again for lashing out on you. I think we should work it out?" I say grabbing his hand.

"Actually YN, I think we should break up. Maybe try again in a few years. I think we're just to young for this and that we should just focus on school and stuff. You're great and all but, I just don't think we're ready for this. You've seen all the fights, you KNOW we're not ready for this." Will says, making me look the grip I had on his hands.

"Will I-No, please Will you've got to be joking. You're the best thing that's happened to me in months. I don't want to loose you-" I say. "And you're not gonna, we can stay friends, fight this monster together. You know? And maybe, in the future, we can get back together YN. Trust me the love for you will still be there." My now ex-boyfriend said.

‼️TW MENTION OF PANIC ATTACK‼️

"I mean.. If that's what you want. Then so be it." I say, tears quickly filling up my eyes with my heart beat raising, I felt like I could breath. I walk away and head into the bathroom before anyone saw what was about to happen. The panic attack.

IM SORRY GUYS! Just a little disclaimer you'll be back together in the next book. I'm pretty sure this is the last and final chapter so the next one will be for season two of ST and you and Will are gonna get back together. Don't wanna make you guys think i'm THAT evil 💀💀.

Okay, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. See you soon in my next book. Make sure to read my Noah Schnapp x Reader while you're at it!!

See you soon my strangies 💕

-Elaine :)