Oh, To Be Welcomed

The bell rings, finally.

I start grabbing all my things to put away when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, um. Heyyy!" He says as I turn around. I say hi back and smile at him. "So uh, my name is Dustin. Yeah, Dustin Henderson. What's your name?" He says, fiddling with his hands.

"Nice to meet you, I'm YN. YN Adams!" I say cheerfully, knowing this might be a start to a friendship.

We start walking. And also talking. "So, how'd you end up here?" He asked.

I lower my head and everything feel itchy, uncomfortable. I can feel the clothes on my skin and I can feel my heart beating in my chest.

"I-I didn't have such a good experience there, a very bad one, so we moved."

"Oh." He says as he moves his hand to my back, trying to comfort me. "Don't worry, I'll try to help you make happier memories here." He says as he looks at me and smiles.

I smile at him back, pulling him into a hug. "Thank you so much Dustin, you don't know how much that means to me." I chuckle.

He laughs back, "oh oh and, maybe you want to come over to my house today? I can show you my games and walkie-talkies? He suggested.

"Of course I would! What's the address?" Dustin stops in his tracks. He pulls out a notebook, rips out a little piece, and writes down an address. I grab it and read it then put it in my backpack.

I really did make a friend, finally.

"Thank you! What time should I go?"

"Uh, well maybe, hm. Seven?" He asked. "Yeah sure! Of course! I'll see you later." I say as I walk away in the other direction as Dustin.

While walking, I was working on my new sketch, the sketch I had made of the school with my two new friends. It was really gr-

"Oh my gosh I didn't mean to bump into you i'm so so-"

" hey don't worry its alright."

It was Will, Will Byers.

I smile at Will and say sorry about that, he forgave me like he did before.

"So, what are you drawing?" Oh, he noticed. I place my drawing higher, putting it at his eye level.

"Just a drawing of the school with me and my two friends." "That looks great!" he said. "But who's the other one?" I point at the little figure of Dustin and say "This guy? Oh that's Dustin Henderson!" I say smiling "Uh, do you know him Will?"

He hums. Yeah, we're actually best friends. That's kinda funny. He laughs.

I can feel his vibration and notice we're very close right now. This feels nice. Wait, no, I just met him. Anywho, we stared at the drawing for a bit.

"You know, I'm actually going to Dustin's house today, maybe you could ask him if you could go! It would be nice."

He thinks about it. I messed up I messed up. Maybe I should've never asked. I feel my skin itchy and uncomfortable. My breathing feels heavy.

"Oh yeah, sure! I'll call his home when I get home."

I jump with joy. YAY!

"For now, do you maybe want to get some ice-cream?" Will asks. I noticed he's very shy, it's nice to have someone who's like me. I also like the fact that he asked me to go get ice cream.

My face goes red, "yeah of course I would! When?" He starts swaying side to side. "Um, maybe now if you would like?" He suggests. "Oh yeah sure! Can we just stop by my house to let my mom know? I just moved here and I don't want her worrying." He nods in understanding.