Oh Dustin!

I knock at the door.

I look down at the paper again, this is the right address.

Dustin opened the door, out of breath for some reason?

"Hey Dustin, you good there?" I say, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Yeah, Yeah i'm- i'm good." He wheezed, putting his hand over mine.

"Sorry, I was in the middle of trying something out and you knocked and I was rushing to open then door the. I tripped then I got up the I tripped again. It was an adventure." He says, Still trying to catch his breath

"Come in, make yourself at home."

I smile and sit down at the couch while he gets some water. I see him gulp down his whole water in like 2 seconds.

"What?! I was thirsty!" He says as he lifts his arms up in the air out of annoyance.

"Alright alright, I can see that. May I see your room now?"

He nods and signals me to follow him to his room. Which I did.

His room is extremely cool. A tank in the back for a turtle, very nice wallpaper, and a bunch of cool toys and tech.

"I love it! It's awesome" "Thanks, I'm in here most of the time so might as well make it look cool." He says, sounding very chill.

I walk over to his desk and see his walkie-talkie. He gives me the okay to say something.

"Hello does anyone copy? Over." I say into the talkie. "Hey, this is Lucas, who is this? Over."

Dustin takes the walkie-talkie away and says "Hey that was YN Adams on my walkie-talkie. Over."

"Who's YN?

"She's the new girl from school. Can everyone meet at my house?" Dustin requested.

More people? I don't know if I can handle that.

They all agree in some type of way, and dustin puts the walkie-talkie down, walking closer to me.

"You see? You're first day here and you're already gonna make 3 more friends, not including me." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, i'm super excited! Thank you Dustin." I say, with a bit of worry in my voice but Dustin doesn't notice.

~They arrive~

Mike, Lucas and Will all arrive at the same time. Thanks to Dustin I already know a bit about them.

"Hi!" I say opening the door for them. "I'm YN Adams, I just-" "She's not joining the party right?" The boy with the flannel shirt says.

"Hi, you must be Mike! And Dustin hasn't told me anything about parties, so you have nothing to be worried about." I say with a smile on my face even though we didn't have such a great start.

My gives me a judge-mental stare and then moves on.

"Hey, I'm Lucas Sinclair. Sorry about Mike, he's like that sometimes. Lucas says as he walks in as well. 

Following right behind him is Will. A smile from one end to another grows upon my face. He made it!

"Hey Will!" I say giving him a side hug. He hugs me back, greeting me as well.

"You guys know each other?" The three boys say in sync.

"Oh, um yeah! We met earlier when I first arrived to the school." I say, sitting down on Dustin's couch.

"Oh so he was like your first friend here?" Dustin whines. "Yes! Him and you!" I laughed. Trying to light up the mood.

~A bit later~

They showed me how to play D&D. By they I mean Lucas, Will, and Dustin. Mike hasn't warmed up to me yet. Hopefully he does soon.

Mike makes me feel like i'm invading, like i'm not wanted here. He makes me feel like I did in Florida.

I feel myself zoned out, thinking about how I want to fit in with the guys, how I want to be their friends. Then I feel someone snapping very closely to my face.

"Hey. Hey!! YN! YN Adams!" I snap out of my daze and do a little jump, letting them know I got startled.

"Oh i'm sorry. I was just thinking about someo-thing something." I readjusted in my seat, trying to make this less uncomfortable.

"Oh okay, it's your turn to roll. Let's see if you can kill the demogorgon!" Will says.

I roll and get a passing number, killing the demogorgon! We all jump with joy and celebratory yells.

"Quiet down there kids!" "Sorry Mom!" Dustin says after his mom yells from outside his room.

A few hours that felt like minutes, it was time to go. "Bye Dustin! See you tomorrow" I say as the other boys say their goodbyes.

Will helped me get back home since he knows his ways around Hawkins.

"I don't think Mike likes me." I say, breaking the silence between us.

"Oh. I'm sure that's not true. He just needs to warm up to you and see how good of a person you are." He says.

I think I just blushed. Maybe I didn't, he's just a great friend. "Thank you Will, it really does mean a lot.

"No problem YN, i'm happy I met you." He sighs as I think I see him a little red.

"I'm happy I met you too" I say as I get off my bike and it next to the garage.

"I'll see you tomorrow Willie" I say as he looks at me with a questionable look. "Willie you say?" I laugh and nod my head.

"Alright then, I'll see you tomorrow YN." He says pulling me into a hug. I hug him back.

I finally feel loved. I actually feel welcomed.

HEY MY STRANGIES!!!!
Ive gotten 27 I think reads so far and I am so beyond grateful for that! There are 950 something words in this chapter and i'm very excited about it. THE CHEMISTRY IS CHEMISTRYING!!  But yeah thank you all for reading so far I hope you're enjoying it!

See you soon my strangies 💕

-Elaine :)