Inspector Harrington

I got on with my day, keeping my head up high. Maybe Eddie was having an off day? Maybe something was going on at home, maybe I should of said like hey Eddie is everything okay? You seem off today?

Borrowing my mums car, renting Halloween from Family videos, buying some snacks whisking myself off to the Munson's trailer to surprise him hoping to cheer him up. Pulling up his van wasn't there. Maybe he was at band practice.  Spotting a red head girl crouching down by a fence I walk up to her.

"Hey you're Max right?" Taking her by surprise

"Yeah who's asking?" She bites defensively

"I'm Dustins sister, he's spoken about you that's all." Sticking my hand out "I'm Y/n" She glares turning back feeding the dog, placing my hands into my sweatpants pockets

"Righht, um good chat see you around then" I sigh before heading off.

"Why are you here?" She questions not looking up

"Just visiting a friend he seemed down today."

"It's nice that he's got someone like that." She smiles at the dog petting it, the metal heads van pulls up outside his trailer, seeing him jump out chatting to someone, quickly kneeling down Max as we both stare. As Eddie opens the door the cheerleader comes into view my heart sank seeing them two laughing.

"I better just go then...." I whisper trying to get up, Max grabs my arm to stop me "hey his lost you know." Her lips tug upwards

"T-thanks, here have these" passing her the chocolate and popcorn, Maxs blue eyes lite up before hopping into the car heading back to Family Video to return the tape.

The store door bell goes off Robin and Steve pause in their conversation giving me a confused look.

"Back so soon?" Steve props himself up with his hands

"Yup, pointless even trying." Placing the tape in from of them.

"Why so down sailor?"

"Chrissy Cunningham was at Eddie Munson's trailer together." groaning "I'm so stupid." Pacing around on the spot

"There must be a perfectly good explanation for why the head cheerleader was with Eddie the freak? Jason would go insane if he knew she was with him.." Robin stops me in my anxious tracks taking my arms and shaking them lightly "you know maybe she was buying drugs?" I tilt my head exchanging the confused look her mouth gapes open "you didn't know?" Remaining silent shaking my head

"But why would Chrissy Cunningham be buying drugs off him?" Steve locks the store door before plopping himself on top of the counter "this is Chrissy we're talking about? Preppy good girl?" He rubs the back of his neck

Walking behind the counter flopping into a chair to face Steve "Why wouldn't Eddie tell me he deals drugs??" Massaging my temples 

"Maybe he didn't want to ruin his chances? Maybe thought you'd might be off put?" Robin explains putting away tapes.

"Ladies, ladies your going off topic, we need to find out why Chrissy is with Eddie?"

"And what do you suggest we do inspector Harrington?" Robin bursts out cackling at my comment.

"Haha, yeah very funny." He rolls his eyes getting up and grabbing a flash light from under the counter "we're having a stake-out, go to Munson's trailer take watch, try see what their up, follow Chrissy home? Get the ins and outs?"

"That sounds kinda stalkerish Steve." With a tone of hesitant in my voice playing with the gifted ring, he shrugs pulling a face.

"Look Dustin me do this all the time. Trust me." I look at Robin before meeting Steve's eyes in shock she nods in agreement.

"You stalk people with my 15 year old brother??"

"It's not stalking, call it police work without the qualification of being in the police." The girl rambles before letting out a "heh"

Throwing my head back "finneee" slapping my knees before getting up "let's go stalk the freak and cheerleader." Pushing Steve slightly "you're driving Harrington" he pushes me back "fine by me Henderson, wouldn't trust your driving anyway" he playfully winks, locking up the store we all pile into his car returning back to the scene.

"Steve turn your headlights off now." Robin whispers nudging him, my nerves were bubbling hoping we didn't get caught. Pulling up slowly and quietly at the side of the trailer seeing the living room light was on, Robin grabs the binoculars out of the glovebox leaning up between the middle of them.

"Why do you have them?" Pointing at the binoculars as Robin hands them over to the mop head.

"There essential" he mumbles "their just sitting there"

"Lemme see" I take them from him peering in seeing them too sitting on the sofa, he was rolling something, she places her hand on his lap, huffing passing the peepers to Robin not wanting to see anymore.

"This is a bad idea guys...." I lean back into my seat crossing my arms in a child like tantrum.

"Is Y/n Henderson jealous of Chrissy and Eddie smoking together?" Steve turns around poking at my knee.

"I don't care, he can do what he wants" with a disgusted look on my face not hiding it very well

"Their probably just getting high? No biggie right?" He shrugs

"Ummmm guys..." Robin squints into the goggles, Steve and me intensely stare "it looks like she's trying to get a bit more then high, looks like she's trying to get cosy with him." She awkwardly shifts as I was quick enough snatching them off her to have a look. My blood boiled, this is why he was off today he's been sneaking off with Chrissy, Steve took them off to have another look taking a double take at me. "well I guess that answers our questions, let's just go." I look out into the night as we drive finally get back to my parked car "see you guys in school tomorrow"

I climb out getting seated in the drivers side, a tap on my car window seeing it was Harrington the hair motioning for me the unroll the window

"Hey" I softly speak

"Hey, so just wanted to see if you were okay" cutting him off "I'm fine honestly."

He puts his hands in his pockets "okay that's cool and all but if you ever need anything or need someone to talk to I'm all ears yanno..." he smiles reassuringly before walking away back into his car putting me at ease slightly.