The dice have been find!

Start from the beginning

Even its ranger abandoned me. All I heard was the sound of the winter gale. The neighbor's tree grew and was out of control. One of its branches scratched the aluminum in the gutter. It made a scraaaatch, scratch-scraaaatch that got on my nerves.

Willingness to take a pair of scissors myself and shatter all its ends.

I went to the kitchen determined to prepare something, trying to believe my own lie: that, with food, fatigue would decrease.

However, the effect was the opposite. As soon as my eyes swept over the room, I felt such a weakness that I had to sit down. The mess reigned, both outdoors and inside me.

I opened the shelves and all I found were three crackers withered and broken. My inability to even buy a simple noodle was surprising.

I opened the shelves, and all I found were three crackers withered and broken. My inability to even buy a simple noodle was surprising.

I searched the fridge for butter or anything that would make the crackers more edible, but there were only two forms of ice, water bottles, anti-mold, and half a carton of milk.

I looked in my wallet. Empty.

I installed the bank app to see that a new transfer had dropped, just like every other day. The toes began to move frantically.

Disgusted, I uninstalled the app and tossed the phone on the couch. Unintentionally, it slipped out of my hand ahead of time and fell to the ground. The screen cracked and went completely black. I felt like throwing it against the wall but held the impulse.

Now, the beams of clarity that appeared on the horizon through the glass of the Victorian window were visible to the eyes, and I chose to say goodbye to the pitch before practicing a little cambré and, perhaps, taking a little breath to endure the day.

I took the milk with one hand, the three crackers with the other, opened the door, and sat in the rocking chair in the porch, next to the noisy tree. Ready to enjoy my morning ritual of watching the darkness leave my home and occupy only my mind.

It hurt to see how the sunlight rising in all the darkness was resplendent. Next thing I knew, I was crying.

Every morning, I would repeat this process just to make sure that the next twenty-four hours would drag on at every angle. Eternity operated every minute of my days, and I only realized how much time had passed when the phone started to make noise from inside the house.

It vibrated and whistled, with the screen completely dark. I tried to press the screen or turn it off, with no control over the device. I didn't have to answer to know that it was my bosses arranging the commitment for later. Only they had my number.

Although it wasn't snowing, the fog was thick and icy, covering everything around. In addition, the lake in front of the house moistened the air even more. As soon as I stepped outside, the cold froze my ears, cheeks, and nose. That feeling embraced me, warming my heart with memories of a distant past.

I tripped and caught my heel on the floor in time not to fall.

I lowered my gaze and found a bouquet on the porch, of truly fake flowers from laboratory-made forestry. Yellow, flashy, and garished. My blood warmed up. Why did the courier need to leave them lying around in the middle of the porch?

I knew why, and it infuriated me even more.

I couldn't resist and kick my anger out. The petals were torn-off on impact. I took pleasure in seeing the beauty shattered and kicked again and again. I took a deep breath and made a subtle movement with my feet, taking control of myself. Calming down, I bent down and picked up the busted bouquet. I went downstairs, opened the wastebasket, and threw it in.