Chapter 83

Chapter 83

I spoke with my parents privately before leaving with Xalorad to go to his house—the Elias Manor. It was a quick talk with a few tears here and there. My Dad was rather more understanding about wanting a child while my Mom was wailing over the truth that I was still a child myself and having this child would end my childhood.

I didn't give it a much thought. Having a child of my own was beautiful and whatever difficulties it came with I was willing to go through them. And, I also had Xalorad's support through all this.

We both wanted a child together.

After saying my goodbyes, I went with him and we went to the Manor. I quietly prayed under my breath that there weren't going to be any other surprising revelations when I would walk in the high, mighty walls of the Manor.

When I stepped in, Ms. Cathy warmly greeted me before we shared a small hug. There was a twinkle over her face and it took me a moment to realize that she had been informed about the pregnancy.

The woman was much more jolly than the last time I saw her.

"The next few months are going to be life changing. I wish you the best and pray you have a healthy life ahead of you." She said, patting the back of my hand while I took a walk around the Manor with her.

Xalorad was arranging his room for me whilst I was with his Mother. The more deeper we got inside the Manor, the curious I got—not about my pregnancy but about the history behind the walls. This was the great house where Alpha's were raised in, one of them including Xalorad himself.

"If you need anything, let me know," Ms. Cathy continued while I admired the painting flashing by. "Though, I should warn you, it will get painful."

My attention switched from the paintings to his Mother. "What?"

"It will be a child of two completely different creatures. I don't want to terrify you early on but you should be careful in the next few months—there will be people against the creation in your womb." She explained.

My heart dropped at that thought. Who would be? I was aware about the child becoming a hybrid and the first-born in this family but I wasn't aware of the other difficulties.

"Who?"

"The higher Gods." She whispered lowly, "When I was having Xalorad, the Gods had abandoned Hades, even his own Brothers. The same chaos occurred when the balance was then destroyed—passengers were all over the world, bringing hell to the mortals."

The passengers.

In my own happiness, I had forgotten about the passengers entering our world and killing our people. It was all the result of the marking and the mating. If it hadn't been done, there would have been no chaos and I wouldn't have to face Barry again.

But the only reason I killed him was because I wanted to be with Xalorad.

Thinking about the past froze me to the ground and bought emotions to my heart.

I cleared my throat and asked, "How was it stopped?"

Her shoulders raised into a shrug and she shook her head, "I'm not aware. It was Hades' doing. He somehow bought an end to it with harming the bond we had but it took him months. There were many fatalities in result."

I couldn't even start with imaging what Xalorad was going through right now. He not only had his wolves to take care off but also his hell and his prisoners that were roaming around freely.

After eating lunch like a hungry horse, I went with Xalorad and he showed me around his room. A few of my things had been sent by Mom after she learned I was going to be staying here for my own safety.

I tried to clear my mind by doing anything but nothing worked. Whenever Xalorad got in a call with someone, I sneaked behind and tried to hear him while wondering if everything had stopped. He hadn't bothered mentioning the passengers or the chaos to me as he believed it would tense me up more.

I was already tensed!

"What was that about?" I questioned, standing by the doorway as he bought his phone down from his ears. His expression was tight, promising concern.

"Nothing you need to worry about." He disregarded my question but I didn't stop right there.

"Are you going to go back?" I raised more questions. They were never-ending.

"No, not yet."

Xalorad stood under the harsh golden light of the sunset shadowing down from the large windows of his room. He was in his silence, thinking. His gaze was lost elsewhere. I tapped my feet on the ground while fumbling around with my fingers.

The entire world was in chaos while I was sitting here without a single worry. I wanted to be involved.

Maybe if I suggested something.

"I think you—we should go to hell—"

He didn't give me a chance to complete and instead, he threw in his own suggestion, "I think you should shower and take a rest while I handle this."

"Only if you join me." I grinned before biting my lip.

Suddenly, he had nothing to worry about except for getting in the shower with me. "You know I can never decline that offer." He frowned while nearing me.

I watched him intently, uttering nothing more. While I couldn't help him with anything else, I could dissolve his worries for a moment and distract him from the reality even when we agreed on taking this slow.

That agreement was based upon life and everything else—not sex.

His hand slipped underneath my neck. I rose to meet him as he leaned over and kissed me.

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr