Chapter 71

C

hapter 71

All things remained calm. Xalorad was no longer furious over Artemis—he still was but he didn't show. I still had no idea what changed his emotions so quick. Once second, he was all ready to rip off her head and the next moment, he was completely fine.

Was it me? Was he feeling the same thing I felt?

The one word that had been buzzing in my head since I said it out loud to my Dad, the one word I had never even thought about until Xalorad slipped into my life.

Love.

The men began talking. It was surprising how casual they were being with each other after they literally said foul about each other to me. But, they weren't there yet. The talk was mainly about the two packs and all packs things that I was least interested in.

Once the dark, bloody curtain would be lifted between these packs, it was going to be a lot easier for me to come and go, without any trouble.

And Mom could come too.

I skittered away when I couldn't take anymore of their difficult pack terms and their Alpha talks. A few minutes later, I found Xalorad going inside my Dad's office and then I heard nothing—absolutely nothing.

This was the part where I should have kept my ears up but it was too late to do anything now.

I wandered outside the door, occasionally sticking my head to the wall but the walls were soundproof. What were they talking about now? Politics?

When I didn't hear anything at all, I left and went upstairs to check on Artemis—incase something happened to her. She was a Goddess and she had the ability to heal quickly but still, I wanted to check on her.

"Hey. Where did she go?" I asked, thrusting myself inside Hannah's guest room. The bed was a little messy, the sheets were all and some blood was smeared on them.

Hannah was cleaning up the mess. "She's gone."

"What?" My heart dropped.

"She left. She doesn't wants to be here or anywhere around," Hannah picked up another towel filled with blood and discarded it. "She wants to be alone for some time, think of her mistakes, correct herself. She didn't tell me when she would come back." When she raised her head, I found a few tears forming themselves.

I quickly went in and hugged her, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Maybe it's for the better. After all, she did do wrong." Hannah went there—to accepting Artemis' faults. She finally accepted she was wrong in something.

"I know she'll come back."

She sighed, "Maybe some day, maybe she'll be a better person then." She had a defeated look in the corner of her eyes. It was depressing to learn someone was not what you thought it was.

"She will." I nodded, holding my friend's hand.

Hannah wiped the tears under her cheeks and smiled, "This isn't about me. This is about you and your Dad so let's keep it that way. How are they getting along?"

"Oh, I have no idea!" I shrugged, looking at the door outside. "Xalorad went inside my Dad's office and I still haven't heard anything. Do you think they are killing each other?" I chewed on my lips hard and rough, afraid of what they were doing.

"Maybe..." Hannah bursted out laughing after a moment. "Joking. I'm sure they are doing great. They are Alpha's and same minds think alike." She slapped her hand over my arm and dragged me out of the room. "Let's just some breakfast, please."