Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Groan.

Grunt.

My chest was silently rumbling the entire time I was inside the jet—the jet. The stolen jet Artemis picked up from the airport. She claimed it to be Xalorad's and since they were cousins, they could share everything.

I didn't fight. I couldn't. Not after Artemis showed me a video of someone being attacked by the border of Shadowfalls and swallowed up by lions that lived there with the werewolves.

It was troubling.

The video.

The information she gave me.

Everything.

Even her.

I knew she was a Goddess but I didn't know she had access to information like this. Her finding out my Dad's real name was the thing that shook me to my core. How long did she know this for? She did see me drag Barry's body across his lawn and to my truck so I doubted she knew it back then.

I didn't want to question so I sat back, lips sealed, grunting and tapping my nails hand on the jet seat. Hannah was beside me, comforting me at last. I could hear my blood pumping in my ears as I waited for this flight to come to an end.

I didn't trust Artemis in taking a jet in the car and I knew she was going to kill all of us.

"Aren't you excited?" Hannah asked, speaking of meeting my long lost Dad after just learning about him.

"I was," My eyes traced across Artemis who had her hand on the wheel. How was it even possible? "Until someone passed by."

"She's really trying to help. What were you planning on? Going to Shadowfalls alone? It's where the Shadow Pack resides. Didn't you know that?"

"I didn't!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air. "I'm sorry. I just forgot about it. It happened all of sudden and I didn't get a chance to think what pack my real Dad is leading." It got worsen all together when Artemis told me about it.

The wolves of that pack were more wild than any other werewolves existing. They literally lived in the wild, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by forest and other animals. They were true to their wolf nature while keeping the balance to their human form. Rather than a pack, it was more of a cult, a small group who kept themselves hidden from the public.

That's why they were called the Shadow Pack.

They weren't always like this but this was the recent information we had learned in our werewolf classes at school.

Any stranger or foreigner stepping in their was ought to be dead.

Hannah warmed my shoulders, "It's okay. Hopefully, you'll be able to see him and he's everything you wanted Mr. Barry to be." She said.

I smiled at her, hard before encircling my arms around her. "Thank you for coming. I didn't think you were going too."

"I could never. This is important to you and whatever is important to you, it's important to me. I got your message last night but I stayed back with Artemis and we made calls to arrange a few things in Shadowfalls. Don't want to get murdered." She laughed while tracing her fingernail across her neck and acting like as if she was being killed.

I held my giggle back but shared with her smile. "I'm just happy you're."

"Me too," Her head spun back. "Should we make ourselves comfortable. We still have an hour before we land in the middle of a forest."