CHAPTER 20

ACT 2 FINALE

ACT 2 FINALE

You've finally reached the end of ACT 2

Thank you for reading!

🪐🪐🪐

By the time they've reached the airport, Dara can only hold a huge placard with Lisa's parents names in it. Lisa stood quietly next to Jennie who was a bit too tired  from the travel. The thai noticed this and instead, she gave Jennie's hand a squeeze. "We'll go to the hotel after this." Lisa whispered, and the brunette can only nod her head while yawning.

"Where the hell are they?" Dara asked, she raised the placard higher, "Are you excited to see them?" Jennie asked, "Not really," Lisa shook her head, "Why?" The brunette raised an eyebrow.

"We're not close?" Lisa answered in a tone of a question. Lisa recalled that time after Diana passed away, she begged her parents to come home, but neither of them didn't come. "There they are!" Dara said, and they finally saw the two chefs walking out of the airport, smiling and waving to Lisa's direction.

Jennie can only swallow the lump from her throat, she's nervous. Lisa even squeezed Jennie's hand again to calm her down. Lisa didn't smile nor she did wave, she just stood there in silence.

"Let me help you with your bags, Chitthip!" Dara's cook offered, taking the luggages, and bag from the couple.

"I'll start the car." Dara said, giving Lisa's mother, Chitthip a nice long hug. "Lisa?" Lisa's father, Marco called. The thai can only nod at him, "Look how big you've grown, I love your new look!" The old man pulled his daughter in for a hug, and was later joined by Lisa's mom.

"We have so much to catch up."

"Obviously." Lisa said in a tone of annoyance, "You look prettier than the last time too!" Chittip said, cupping Lisa's face, observing her daughter.

"You mean when I was a toddler?" Lisa deadpanned, "Why so grumpy, come on give your mommy a kiss!" Chitthip said.

"Cute." Jennie smiled, playing with the sleeves of Lisa's suit that she is now wearing. "You must be Lisa's girlfriend, Jennifer? Jennifer Kim am I right?" Lisa's parents greeted the brunette and Lisa's mother can only cup her cheeks.

"Just Jennie." The brunette corrected.

"Marco, look at her she's beautiful!" Chitthip smiled, she started to brush Jennie's hair, "That dress, it seems familiar..." Marco said, he started to recall the last time he saw that black silk dress.

"It's my mom's." Jennie replied.

"I see." Marco raised an eyebrow, he's not smiling or anything at all, he even looked suspicious. "Your face also reminds me of someone." Lisa's father pressed on, "Can we go to the hotel now?" Lisa interrupted, pulling Jennie away from her mom's embrace.