Left You Out There Standing

Start from the beginning

My heart tries to take his words in as pure honesty, hoping he wouldn't have as bad of a night as yesterday. He's sometimes in his moods that make me nervous as to what's going on in his head, yet I don't really have any other choice but to be patient with him because I truly want to know that he's fine.

My mind tries to erase its worry and continues to put my attention on the conversations they are having. Bre has been chatting to us about her pet cats. She knows how much my walls fall whenever she tells me about them. They're one of the reasons why I loved coming to her house every now and then, even before we were dating. It made us somehow close together since I didn't really have any pets growing up, though I did truly want them.

The pictures she also showed me yesterday of our time together could easily melt my heart, yet, my feelings couldn't bring themselves to prosper into something more than what was there before. It's all filled with Serge and even if I tried to deny what I'm feeling, it still wouldn't turn me away from what we had now. The pictures I have with her just feel reminiscent now and only link to the time we had.

The conversation moves on to other topics, and our discussions become more interesting. Serge didn't bother to add anything and just continued to order drinks from the bar. However, he toned it down to just a glass of wine when I asked him to stop. He still doesn't seem wasted when I check on him and he still managed to somehow be sober as the night went by.

"What's up." Collier speaks, finally showing up.

My body bolts from the suddenness of his voice as my gaze tracks from behind us, looking at Collier. His hand is on Serge's shoulder, and he has a bottle of beer in his other. I could already feel Serge stiffen next to me from his presence, but he immediately managed to keep his body calm as he turned to look at him again. Their eyes locked with such intensity and it makes me question what happened when they were seated next to each other in the cinema.

His body moves in front of us to stand next to Bre and leans down as she pulls him closer to her. Bre whispers something to Collier's ear, which instantly lights him up as a smirk spreads from his lips.

My mind sparks with curiosity as to what they were talking about, and my body shudders with surprise as he pulls Serge's arm away from my grip. He props him up next to him, Serge looking perplexed as Collier's hand slings into his shoulder.

"Come on. Let's get you pumped up for dancing, yeah?" Collier offers.

My heart lightens from his words as I wait for Serge to answer. That'll probably help to loosen some of Serge's nerves and get him more into the party. He needs it right now, and I hope being with Collier settles some of his feelings.

Serge only looks at me with a subtle smile and bites his cheek before nodding. Collier immediately takes hold of his gesture as he pulls him away from us and into a crowd of messed up teenagers. Serge just lets his feet follow him further into the party, and I couldn't but feel settled as I saw the two of them dancing in the middle of the hall.

My gaze turns again to where Bre and her friends are talking, and my head spins with interest in their conversation.

--------------

The minutes go by faster than they should. Several people have noticed our chats and stopped by to offer us their games. Serge is now talking with another guy on the football team, and it's interesting to see how they get along, or so it seems. Collier has been introducing him to many guys from our school and guiding him to interact with other people as well. The party has been going on without any conflict, and my heart craves the delight of seeing everything go along.

"Do you guys want to play spin the bottle?" Bre asks us, pointing her lips to the people who are playing the game.

My mind battles with doubt from playing with them since I know how wild spin the bottle can be. But before I can even decide if I want to join them, Bre already takes my arm and pulls me towards the game, sitting in the circle.