It's Getting Dark And It's All Too Quiet

Serge:

Worn with the slight feeling of unease dangling upon me, I make my way through lines of houses until I reach a yellow one and knock on its door.

I made a promise to myself to meet Haley once she's back from her trip. We chat through texts sometimes, but it still doesn't feel the same. It took me a while to reach out to her again after our fight, and my guiltiness thrives from how idiotic I was in starting something that would damage our friendship. She's been there for me in rough times and I don't ever want to lose her just because I was too afraid to face that she's only looking out for me. I want to forget everything that I said to her and I want to know that she'll forgive me even if it takes a long time.

"Hey." I say once the door opens and I'm greeted with the sight of Haley.

She immediately pulls me into a hug and my body melts from how nice she feels against my skin. My hands make their way around her waist to hold her more affectionately. Whimpers escape from her as I feel her breath graze my skin. My heart warms and feels content as I hug her firmer.

Haley pats my back before pulling off of me again, and my heart breaks as I see her eyes slightly watering. My hand instantly moves to wipe the tears off her face as a sad chuckle escapes her lips.

"Come in," Haley urges me.

My feet walk their way inside of her house, and I close the door behind me. Mrs. Han is in the kitchen, apparently cooking something, while her father is sleeping on the couch. It's not everyday that her parents are home, so it's nice to see them again together.

Haley guides me upstairs to go to her room, and I follow her inside once we're past her room's door.

She moves to sit on her bed and clean it for me as my body lightens from her gesture.

I didn't bother to look her in the eyes once I was seated, so it wouldn't be that hard for me to face her. All I'm feeling is anxiousness about meeting her again, though it may be easier for me to adjust once I talk to her sincerely.

"I'm sorry." I say, looking at her with sadness in my eyes.

She smiles at me lightheartedly and takes my hand in hers. My gaze wanders to her finger brushing across my skin, slightly lifting the sleeves of my sweater to look. They trailed their way again to the spot where she last saw my bruises, and I couldn't help but bite my lip, holding off my tears.

"You're not cutting yourself anymore," she says with slight relief as she continues to touch my raw skin.

I nod slowly to her question as my eyes meet hers.

I haven't felt the need to cut myself since my last fight with her. It may have made me feel guilty about how wrecked I may have looked. However, happiness begins to bear me again, and I no longer feel depressed. Hogan's been checking up on me since then. Even though he doesn't necessarily confront me about my depressive state, I know how much he still worries about me. I really can't blame him for feeling the need to comfort me, though. Being with him instantly distracts me far away from those thoughts since being with him keeps me going.

Her eyes shine as I stare into their depths while my heart pours with ache and my mind swirls with how sorry I feel.

I only give her a smile to ease the tension between us and throw my gaze down as a thought blazes through my mind.

I lean forward to reach under her bed and pull a mattress to lay on the floor.

We used to sleep on it whenever her parents let me stay in her room. It feels kind of nostalgic since it brings out memories from when we were young. It's like a typical thing to do on a sleepover, yet we haven't done that since her parents began moving back and out in the state.

Pretty Boy जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें