Your Eyes Look Like Coming Home

Hogan:

Hovering over stacks of papers splattered all around my desk, I try to finish my remaining school work and study once more.

It's been two days since I broke up with Bre, and yet here I am, looking like a fucking loner, stuck in the middle of my room. I still don't regret breaking up with her, and though I wait for the guilt to kick in, it never does.
My dad, on the other hand, was clearly not satisfied when he heard the news. He even tried to suspend me from school because of the gossip that's currently spreading around. which I'm pretty sure isn't even that bad, and it's certainly not something you should ground your son for. I mean....Who the fuck does that?

I'll just try to accomplish my work so he won't scold me when he gets back, and so I continue to solve the math problem laid upon me. It took me a whole 30 minutes to just finish one question though. So instead, I just gave up because the rest are harder and I'm fucking pathetic at it.

Slumping on my bed to rest, I reach for my phone, but then stop as a sudden ring from our doorbell chimes. Fucking fantastic.

It's the middle of the day, and my parents had already left home hours ago to work. I doubt that they have something to come back for and I'm pretty sure I didn't ask anyone to skip class to join me right now.

So who the hell is that?

I'm trying to think of my possible options, even though I'm pretty certain I know who it could be.
It's probably just Bre since she stopped by yesterday to talk to me. She also did it the day before that and the night I broke up with her. So I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to show up again.

I just sigh from the mere thought of it and leave my bed to head downstairs.

Even as I walk towards the door, I'm still waiting for the bell to ring multiple times, which is a clear indication that it's definitely Bre, but it didn't.

I couldn't help but be curious as to who it could be as I put my hand on the knob. Though, the clarity finally hits once I open the door, and I'm greeted with the sight of a person that I truly did not expect to see.

Serge?

"Hey," he says to me.

I'm still left confused as to why he's here since he hasn't been answering my calls. And my awestruck expression is definitely just lost by the sight of him.

His eyes are kind of puffy, which seems like he just finished crying. And with the way he's biting his cheek right now and looking at me, it makes me question where he has been.

I want to ask him so many things and just feel him, but I couldn't stop the concern that's forming within me as I take in his misty state.

"Have you been crying?" I asks, hoping I didn't imply worry in my tone because I know how much he hates that.

Serge just lets out a dreary laugh and scratches the back of his neck. "Yeah, I kind of am. Can I come in?" He asks, with almost embarrassment in his words.

"Yeah, sure," I say immediately, and smile at him.

I didn't bother asking him where he had been since I didn't want him to be angry at me once again, especially now that we're finally speaking with each other. We are, right? I mean....I can only hope that this isn't temporary and that he actually wants to hang out with me again, which could be possible, but he'll probably just change his mind after a few hours.

We continue in my room and sit in my bed after we got inside. I just try to look at him to understand what happened, yet his eyes gazes down and just lock onto the floor once I do so. Sudden streams of tears starts running down his cheeks and I'm just stuck here, wondering the meaning of it all.