*Chapter 14*

"I'm getting the job at Freddy's..."

"W-what?!" I stuttered, trying to speak normally, sounding scared and angry at the same time "Michael, we've talked about this!!!"

"I'm sorry but I need this job. I don't have anything else left" he said, disapointed in himself.

"No, i won't let you do that. Not ever in this lifetime..."

"I know but... I'm sorry... I have to do that"

"Listen... What's more important..?... Your health or being paid 10$ for a damn hour?!"

"Y/N, you don't understand.. I'll be fine.. My health is going to be fine"

"Well, then i'm getting this job too" i made my final decision. "I'll fuck up going to my dream college"

"No, you're not, i won't let you" Michael shifted from worried to more worried.

"I am, you can't change my mind. End of discussion." I said and didn't bother arguing anymore.

"Whatever..." he said and he like me seemed to be done arguing "Well, I have a question though"

"Yeah?" I said and looked at him curiously.

"Would you like to be my date for the prom?" he said and smiled at me as I was looking at the concrete.

"Of course, but didn't you want our relationship to be a secret?" I asked with the hope he wouldn't want to hide it.

"We can still hide it. We'll use your fake boyfriend for explanation. And also we don't have to be dating to go to the prom together"

"I'll go with you, of course" I said and interwined my fingers with his, smiling.

"Glad to hear that" he said and tossed the cigarette he had lit on the walk.

We continued walking until we saw a place full of tall and short trees, bushes, rocks on the path and on the grass. There was barely anyone. Well, maybe because it was 6:30 pm. but still. We walked on the smooth path covered in rocks until we'll see Lexi and Jason.

Eventually, we found them, pretty easily if you ask me honestly. They were sitting on a bench and talking, absolutely not giving attention if we'll go. Well, Lexi saw us with the corner of her eyes and kind of waved at us.

I let go from Michael's hand because It'd be so suspicious to be holding hands when we're not dating and I have a "boyfriend". We were getting closer to them when Jason saw us too. He didn't wave though, he just smiled at us.

"Hi, guys!" I said, cheering with a little bit of relief in my voice.

I started getting worried for me and Michael's future since we both decided to take this dangerous possibility that threatens our lives and our health in every way. Maybe, instead of agreeing to this stupid offer, I could've refused and get a good job and a good university for the future.

"What's up, you guys?" Lexi asks and put her book in her bag.

"Nothing interesting, honestly" I answered and sat down next to Lexi, Michael following my motion as he sat next to Jason.

"What are you guys up to doing?" Obviously, Mike couldn't stand still on the bench so he wanted to go and do something way better than just sitting down.

"Well, me and Lexi were thinking if you wanted to go to Freddy's" Jason called out and Lexi continued after him "Y'know for a little investigation"

I looked at Michael stunned as he did the same and thought for a while.

"Let's do this..." Michael suddenly called and got the whole group on feet...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I'm back to posting and I think I will try to post more regularly from now on. Although, the chapters will be a shorter (not 2000 words). This chapter is extremely boring and short but the next chapters will be atleast 1000 words.
Thanks for hyping me up!

(648 words)