*Chapter 9*

The searching for that note took a while. We had to be extremely quiet and careful. The fact that the light was barely working made it worse. At times i thought i found it but then i see things like shopping lists, phone numbers and some pretty upsetting doodles.
"I think i found it!.... Wait no, that's birthday card..." Michael said with irritation and disappointment in his voice. A few minutes passed and i have already searched every place in the workshop. The last place i searched was in a book. I have lost any hope but it was worth a try. I opened the book and saw a piece of paper, folded a few times. I unfolded it and read it out loud.
"Circus baby's entertainment and rental... I think that's it..." I said and looked at Michael that looked at me, curiously, walking to me. He read the address and folded the note again, putting it into his pocket.
"We'll have to go at midnight, after dinner... You will have to sneak out..." Mike said.
"Then i will sneak ou-!" I got cut off by a noise of a closing door and keys.
"Fuck... Father's home"
"Let's hide somewhere..." I said, whisper- shouting. Then we quickly looked around, panicing and hid behind some cardboard boxes. Mr. Afton walked in as soon as we hid. My heart was racing. I felt like he was going to see us. For a moment, he looked at our direction but then he looked away and wrote something in the notebook, that i found the note. After he wrote the thing, he looked around a few times and left the workshop.
"Phew.. That was close..." Michael said, still whispering.
"Shh... Be quieter.." I whispered, being a lot more quieter than Michael.
"How are we going to leave now?" Michael asked, as if he hasn't thought of it.
"Good question... Is there any chance we could crawl through the window up there?" I asked, pointing at the only window in the workshop. It was really small, probably my head woudn't fit but it was worth asking. It was placed in a pretty high place so it was almost impossible to crawl through it.
"We could try, but i doubt it's going to work... I'll go first..." Mike replied and tried climbing the wall. It wasn't effective. All he did was bump into the wall and ricochet off it. He was now laying on the floor, slightly dizzy.
"I didn't mean like that" I chuckled at him, kneeling down next to him. I looked into his face and he looked mad goofy. His eyes were wide opened and his mouth was opened too, with his tongue kind of sticking out.
"Get up, silly!" I got up and pulled his hand, making him to sit instead of laying. Then he got up by himself.
"Okay, we should move something" He said, looking around for an object that could help.
"Or one of us could get on the other one's back and then the one, who's already up is going to help the other one" I suggested.
"That's better" he said and gestured for me to get on his back. I did as he gestured and i got out in no time. Then, with a lot of struggles, i helped Mike crawl through the window. He finally made it out.
"I'll go now!" I said, getting a bit farther from him.
"Wait!" He stopped me and runned to me. I just looked at him without answering. He looked in my eyes and the next second - i was wrapped in Michael's hands as he was kissing me. It was a short passionate kiss. Just as a "Goodbye". He pulled off and i kind of blushed, causing him to blush too. I haven't had that good feeling in while. Ever since i moved i have always loved Mike's kisses.
"I have a question..." Mike said, confidently. He was smiling, probably with hope.
"What is it?" I asked. My heart was racing. Was he gonna ask me the thing i have wanted him to ask me for so long? To be his girlfriend? I doubt, but i still got my hopes up.
"It's probably the wrong place and wrong time but... Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, quickly. Probably to avoid this embarrassing moment as soon as possible. He was still confident but also nervous. He was smiling but then as soon as he asked me he closed his eyes.

Was he really asking me this? The thing i have wanted the most? Am i dreaming? I couldn't check, since it would be weird hitting myself when he ask me something like this. I already knew what my answer was, it was pretty obvious from the start.
"Yes, I will!" I said, happily and smiled softly. Michael pulled me in for a hug and lifted me up a bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I made it home. I got in and didn't see anyone home so i went up to my room. As always i had nothing to do so i just read my book, waiting for dad and Charlie to come back. That didn't happen for another hour and i got bored of reading so i got downstairs, going to search the refrigerator. I opened the fridge door as i was humming my favourite song. The fridge was half- empty so i closed it in disappointment.