Nine - Getting to Know

The blaring of the ringtone interrupted Jisoo's sleep. She sat up from the bed and looked at the strange environment in a daze.

It took a while for her to finally remember that she is already staying at Taehyung's place. She couldn't adapt to the change yet.

She then got up and went straight to the bathroom to freshen up. It's 5:30 AM, still early as classes start at 7. After some time, she opened the door of the bedroom and her gaze fell on Taehyung's bedroom door.

"At least my baby's daddy is a good guy." She thought.

Jisoo smiled to herself and walked into the kitchen. There were eggs, bacon, and bread in the fridge. She put on an apron and began to make breakfast.

After a couple of minutes, it was time for Taehyung to wake up. He rubbed his eyes as he comes out of his bedroom. There he found Jisoo busy cooking in the kitchen.

Jisoo: "Do you want some breakfast? The bread is almost ready." She said when she noticed Taehyung staring in a daze.

She had made a simple breakfast of sandwiches and soup with whatever they had in the fridge.

Taehyung pulled a wooden chair and sat down. His mouth watered when he saw the steaming breakfast on the table. When was the last time he had a proper meal before going to school? He can't remember anymore. He usually just buys something outside, eating while driving to school.

Taehyung: "It's delicious." He complimented her after taking a bite of the sandwich. "Oh, the soup is good too." He added after tasting the soup she prepared.

Jisoo: "I'm flattered." A sweet smile appeared on her face.

Taehyung unconsciously smiled seeing that small smile on her face.

"She's beautiful, she looks kind. She can cook. Such a girlfriend material."

"Whoever she will be with in the future is sure lucky."

"The heck I'm thinking?!" His eyes widened with the thought.

Jisoo: "Um, is everything okay?" She asked when she noticed he stopped eating his food.

Taehyung: "Oh, everything's fine. I-I just spaced out for a moment... because of a thought." He stuttered as he explained.

Jisoo: "Okay." She told him before relishing every bite of her sandwich.

The two remained quiet for some time. The silence between them was not awkward, but rather comfortable. They should start getting used to this now.

Taehyung: "So your family knows?" He said, breaking the silence.

Jisoo lifted her head and looked at him. Then she shook her head.

Jisoo: "Um, Mom doesn't know yet." She answered with a faint smile.

Taehyung: "Your dad?" He asked, still looking at her.

Jisoo: "He's gone... forever, you know? He left us years ago." She said with gloomy eyes.

She misses him so much.

Taehyung: "I'm sorry." He uttered.

Jisoo: "It's okay." She smiled. "How about your parents? Do they know?" She was curious.