favourite crime

"I still love her"

The ginger in front of you looking small and full of guilt and anger inside her, she don't have any idea how it went to this. Her telling you that she still love the girl she's with before the two of you became a thing.

"...God" you sighed as you hold back the tears that can't be stopped.

"God, Natasha. You made me feel loved"

Clutching your chest as it feels like your heart is attempting to jump out of it and slowly stop beating in front of you.

"I'm sorry" was all she could whisper repeatedly as you try to stay calm and control your power that is about to burst inside you just so you won't hurt the once love of your life.

"I'm sorry, okay!" You shouted.

"Sorry if she's not with you, sorry if everyone loves her, sorry if the team still wants you to be with her."

An awkward silence filled the atmosphere while your tears are now falling faster than earlier.

"I'm sorry— I'm sorry if I'm not her and I'm sorry if she died in your arms"

"...but please don't forget that she died because I was protecting you from her"

"My sister was about to kill you, Natalia. As much as I love her I still had to do it, she's not herself anymore, you saw it with your own eyes too, right?"

Inside her mind, Natasha is still trying to deny that the one who's about to kill her that time was your sister, so she's willing to give her life for her.

Natasha's eyes are red and puffy from crying. You never see Natasha crying even when your sister died but here she is asking for your forgiveness.

"Please forgive me—"

"Whenever you say that three words in front of me, do you see my sister? Whenever you touch me or hug me, do you feel her?" You wondered.

Shaking her head, Natasha never saw your sister in you that's why she doesn't know how she still loves your sister after 9 months of dating, 2 years after your sister died.

"Y/N... I'll let you not to forgive me right now but can I have another chance, please? Just one."

When you start to walk away that's when you heard her say the three words you once believed.

"I love you..." She whispered on the now empty space in front of her.

"No, no, take that back...you don't mean that"

"You can't say that— not after you told me you still love Brooke."

Sniffling, you gathered yourself and said

"You know it feels like I'm the other woman all along"

Before walking out the door and to Natasha, it feels like you're just someone  who once existed in her head.