Little Braids

"Natty, can you braid my hair?" I asked my wife as I was holding the elastic bands that is needed for the braids.

"How can I say no to my beautiful wife" She answered with a grin plastered on her smile.

Her fingers started combing my hair before she intertwined three sections of my hair—creating a french braid.

Months after, things started to get weird. I became more and more tired, I became nauseous, and lost lots of pounds.

So we decided to book an appointment for check up that time and things happened like—

"It's positive" I whispered to Nat as I let my tears stream down my face, not caring if people give me weird looks.

The doctor recommended us to have a treatment so me and Nat spend more time with eachother before the treatment starts.

"Natty, can you braid my hair?" I asked her as I tried to ask her with a sad smile on my face.

"How can I say no to my sunshine" Nat said as tears started to form in Nat's eye but managed to stop it from falling down and let out a chuckle.

"C'mere sweetheart" she patted the chair next to her.

While she was busy braiding my hair I suddenly told her that I wanted to adopt a kid, so we did, and we named her Anastasia.

It's been 5 years since you adopted Anastasia, she's now 7 years old and your cancer became more faster to develop.

Your hair started to fall out so it was recommended to shave it off.

"Love, we need to do this" I said as I cupped Natasha's cheeks, wiping her tears off with my thumb.

As much as I love my hair, it's better not to see it falling out one by one. And Natasha wanted to shave her head too but I was to stop and tell her to keep it and in that way I can still tuck her hair between her ears.

My situation can't be cured anymore and my time has come, I'll be leaving everything and everyone behind and maybe in another life I'm still part of their universe.

"Mama! Can you braid my hair?" Anastasia came running to Natasha while she was busy signing the last papers before resigning.

It sounded like you, Natasha never thought Anastasia wants someone to braid her hair unless it's you. For a moment, Natasha thought you're in front of her bouncing from excitement by the thought of her trying different braids on your hair that she found on the internet while you're playing with the elastics on your fingers.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Natasha hugged Anastasia.

"How can I say no to you pumpkin" she said as she hugged and Anastasia.

After braiding the little girl's hair, Natasha realised that they're might be a reason why you wanted to name the kid Anastasia and when she found it, it never crossed her mind that the meaning of Anastasia is "new life" in her mother tongue.

—————

Note: idk if this is alright but ig this is another update on the oneshot and I hope y'all enjoyed it <333

Natasha Romanoff One-shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें