Be Who You Are

It's the 28th of June and the streets of New York are filled with colorful flags that represent people's true selves and you can't help the smile spreading on your lips.

You're in your apartment looking at people who are preparing for the pride march, everyone's laughing, some are painting their cheeks, some are doing catwalks, and you're just standing near your window as you sip your coffee.

You were never out to your family, too afraid to not add something on their list of "Why Y/N is a disappointment" you found it when you were kid.
Well, when you were innocent.

You were jumping with excitement and asked your father why is your name written on a piece of paper. You thought maybe it's list of gifts you'll receive on Christmas, it turns out when you're age is old enough to know how letters and sentences works, you kept it to yourself until you turned 18 and they kicked you out even though they know you don't have anything or someone to go to.

Well, not until a guy with an eye patch saw you.

You're an Avenger now and believe it or not your family tried to contact you for two months after your interview being broadcasted on everyone's television.

You also have a girlfriend which is also an Avenger, Natasha Romanoff. Unlike you, she's out to her family (but she didn't announce it on public) and meeting them was one of the best thing happened to you.

Her father, Alexei is supportive of her daughter even though he's confused at first (he even bought a shirt online that says "I love my gay daughter") Melina on the other hand gave you two warm hugs and the both of them are just smiling the whole time you stayed in their house.

Yelena was smirking and told her sister that she knew she was fruity and that leads to Natasha smacking her sister on the back of her head.

—————

You finished showering and now you're putting on white cropped top polo and a wide leg jeans—you can't also forget your progress pride pin that now highlights your outfit.

You went downstairs to join the crowd and as usual many people are still against the LGBTQ Community.

People started to gather in one place even interviewers who is broadcasting the event happening, until you see her on the big screen as people asked her why is she in there.

You saw the panic in her eyes so you ran towards hundreds of people then you heard her answer, that she's here to support everyone and that she's only an ally.

Stopping on your tracks, you realised that you won't be able to reach her since the place is becoming more and more crowded.

'she can make her way here, I'll just send her a message,

Unfortunately, the UNSINFUL people saw you and made their way towards you.

Your anxiety spiking up right after you saw them heading towards your way, they were telling you that it's a sin to be in a relationship with the same gender as you or support these people that is wearing their real smile after being in the closet for so long.

You're starting to hear them again, your family. Telling you how much you sucks for being yourself.

You're lost from the voices you keep hearing inside yourself, until someone grabs your hand. God, those hands that you're willing to hold forever and memorise every lines on her palm.

She's your home, the one who will keep you warm even before the winter breeze touch your skin.

Her lips were on yours and not caring about everyone, right now it's just you and her.
Kissing eachother deeply and full of love like it's the last day on Earth, everyone was stunned still processing what is happening in front of them.

The two mightiest heroes are kissing in front of them, one flash of someone's camera ruined the silence between the two of you.

"I'm pretty sure that's not what an ally would do" you teased her.

"Well, I didn't prepare for this role and I can't stay in my character."

"And the urge to run and kiss you right after I spot you here was unbearable" she groaned