A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 18

Start from the beginning

Now it was time for some relaxing. I jump on Sidney's couch, someone had to break it in, and through my feet up on the coffee table, someone had to give the house a lived-in feel. Laying my head back and closing my eyes I relaxed.

"Mal?" I opened one eye, "I'm hungry.... Nevermind I'll just order food."

"NO!!" I jumped off the couch.

Sidney jumped back a step, "Wh.. why?" he asked with wide eyes.

"It's our first night here, I'm cooking. It's going to be perfect." I jumped up grabbing his hand to drag him with me. His feet were rooted to their spot. I turned back to him to see a small, or big considering the size of those lips, smirk. I gave him a questioning look.

"You're weird," he stated bluntly the smirk never leaving.

I fake grimaced, "Thanks! I love you to." I turned back around trying to drag him again. He had a different idea though. I was spun back around.

"I love you, babe," his lips attached to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck. It was funny to me that I use to find kissing a way to waste time or just a way to keep a relationship. It was so much more than that. It was the greatest feeling in the world to have Sidney pressed against me. He didn't need to say a word. For the first time I believed someone cared about me fully. I loved Sidney more than anything. One of the things I loved most of all, he loved me to. For the first time someone cared about me the same way I cared about them.

He lifted me off the ground laying me on the couch beneath him. We stayed with my hands attached to his hair and his stroking my sides. When he knew I had to breath he moved his mouth to my neck. His soft tongue tickled my throat. When I couldn't stand the ticklish feeling anymore I moved his lips back to mine. Just then his stomach growled. We both pulled away laughing. I pushed him off me.

"Food. Let's make food."

--

"Sid!!! You can't use metal on those pans!"

"Why?!"

"You'll scratch the teflon off and it'll be all through the potatoes."

He grabbed his head, "This is so hard!!"

"It's only mashed potatoes!!" He shot me a look to which I laughed. "Babe, please just stand over there and pose," I pointed to the corner of the kitchen where there was nothing that he could mess up.

"Why, don't I just leave."

"Because I need something pretty to look at."

--

The house felt so comfortable. Everything about it seemed very Sidney. It was warm, homey, and put together. There was a modern and masculine feel. It wasn't to 'manly' but it was enough to impress the guys. I loved it. It was exactly my style and perfect for Sidney as far as I was concerned and he seemed to agree.

"Do you ever feel like there's a lot we don't know about each other?" Sidney wondered allowed.

"All the time."

"You can go first."

I thought about what to ask. "What was it like? Your childhood I mean. Did you want to go home while you were at school or were you to distracted by hockey that you didn't have time to miss your family?"

"I definitley missed them sometimes. Mainly when I wasn't playing like everyone wanted me to. It was hard being that young and having so many people upset with me because I only netted two goal in a 5-3 loss. Sometimes I just felt alone. My teammates were competitive, which I understand, but it was almost like they just expected me to win the games by myself. Everyone but me was entitled to an off game now and then. I was expected to go to the NHL though so I should always play like some child prodigy all the time... I think the hardest part though was Taylor though. She was my little sister, you know? I wanted to be that big brother that would protect her. The one she could tell all her problems to. I feel like I missed a lot of her growing up. I don't want her to feel like I abandoned her for my career. I love her and I'm so proud of her. She's a better person than I could ever hope to be. I hope she knows that."