A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 17

Sidney and I were snuggled on the couch. I was falling asleep against his chest.

"So guess what?"

"Hmm," I mumbled.

"I'm allowed to practice tomorrow."

"Hmm," my eyes shot open. I jumped up pulling him with me. "What?!"

"I was going to tell you earlier but I figured your reaction would be much funnier when you were half asleep. Yep, I was right."

"You can practice?!" OH MY GOD!!!! Sidney can practice!!!!

"Not with the team but I can skate and shot at the net and stuff like that. We're going to see how it goes."

We, well I jumped around the living room going insane for the next few hours, all thoughts of sleeping diminished.

--Sunday (3-20)--

"I'm allowed to practice," Sidney's words echoed in my mind for days. He's fine. He can play hockey again. He'll be happy and healthy. Life is perfect. Nothing else matters, Sidney can practice.

We were going out with some of the team to celebrate. Sidney deserved a celebration. This was amazing. Everything in my life was messed up, but I couldn't be happier. I'm elated that Sidney's ok. Sidney's going to play again. Sidney will be happy.

To make it even better Sidney's house was finished. He was moving in this week. I was exited for him. He gets to start a new chapter, to put it cheesily.

I get to start a new chapter to. A chapter where I had no money, nowhere to live, no car to drive, no job, and no clue what to do. The lease on our house was up next Monday and I wasn't sure where to go. I'd been looking at jobs in the area but nothing seemed to fit. I knew I was being picky. I was to use to college life. To use to being able to spend money without caring. To use to sitting around my house with school as my only responsibility.

I'd been giving thought to what I wanted. I knew now. I will be a... dun duna dun dun... soccer mom. Realistic right? If it was an option it would be my first though. I want to be a wife and mother first and foremost, help with charities, etc. It's a long shot but I can dream. The downside of this would be feeling like I'm mooching off of my husband.

The recent string of wins for the guys had everyone ready to party to. Sidney was so proud of how everyone was playing. Everyone was stepping up and pulling off the wins. TK who I happened to have always loved, and feel his completely underrated, has been looking amazing. Of course losing to the rangers before we eat would probably ruin the mood.

Sidney and I were sitting in the owners box with Nathalie and Mario, amongst others. Seeing the game from up here was amazing. Understandably, Mario had picked the best location for himself. The pens were tied but playing much better than the rangers. When the first period ended we knew they'd come out looking even better. Everyone knew this game would be a big win. Without those two points we really had no chance of catching Philly.

Going into the second we were playing well. I was proud of the guys. Kunny got a nice shorty which I hoped locked the game in our favor.

When the second period ended we were all excited. Then the third period started. None of us suspected it. Cookie is so fucking stupid. We all stood when we saw him elbow McDonagh. The reaction was immediate.

"What the fuck was that!?"

"What the hell is he doing!?"

"He so fuckin stupid! God he could've really hurt that guy!"

"He's out at least 10 fucking games! Fuckin awesome."

"What an ass! Why the fuck would he do that?!"