16. Primal Desire

Start from the beginning

Majority of the Titans were distracted by the soilders, leaving a clear path for Eren.

'Why did you want to venture into the outside world?' The mysterious man's voice echoed in his mind. 'I don't know who that man is but he always guides me..'

The attacking Titan was now closer to the gate while the soilders were luring and killing the titans.

'From the moment we're born, we're all free.' Some soilders managed to kill some titans while some others became it's prey.

'Some might try to deny that, but it doesn't matter how strong they are!' Eren recalled killing Mikasa's kidnappers. He also remembered sitting with Armin and Faye, pouring over his grandfather's book.

'There doesn't need to be flaming waters or lands of ice. Or whatever else! Whoever gets to see those things will have the greatest freedom this world has to offer!'

Ian ran, gaze shifting to the side to see one of his subordinates be captured.

'It doesn't matter how terrifying the world may be!'

Mikasa, Faye and Armin ran ahead of the Eren. Ian killed one titan who had his friend on it's mouth while Jean dodged a titan's incoming hand.

'It doesn't matter how cruel the world may be! You have to fight to live!'
.

"There's still a Titan ahead!" Armin informed.

It was standing directly before the hole.

"I'll handle this!" Mikasa said.

"Out of the way!" Rico yelled and dove in and cut one of its eyes.

The three on the ground jumped away from the Titan attack.

Mikasa ran behind it and slid on her legs, shooting the hooks, using them and the gas to propel herself up. She let out a battle cry and cut it's nape. The Titan fell to the side, clearing the path for Eren.
.

The attacking Titan was now right infront of the Throst gate, prepared to close the gate.

Faye and Armin had tears in their eyes.

"Go for it, Eren!" Armin yelled.

At the same time, the attacking Titan roared, slamming the boulder infront of the gate. After closing the gate, he fell to his knees.

Armin, Mikasa, Faye, Marco and Jean watched with stunned expressions, mouths open.

Rico fell to the ground, crying.

"Everyone...your deaths weren't in vain." She said to herself.

She held up the gun and fired a yellow flare.

"Today, for the first time in history, humanity has beaten the Titans!" Rico said.
.

"Yellow smoke shell spotted!" Anka said. "It seems the operation was a success!"

The soldiers around her were shocked and happy. They all cheered and Pixis smiled.

"Send in additional reinforcements!" Pixis ordered. "Rescue the Elite Squad!"
.

The attacking Titan was still immobiled, steam rising out of every part in its body.

"The remaining Titans are coming!" Rico said and gripped her swords, looking at the two Titans heading their way.

"Climb up to the Wall!" She ordered.

"I'll withdraw after I've recovered Eren!" Mikasa responded.

She used her ODM gear and landed near Armin, who was trying to pull Eren out.