Chapter 3: The Twins, Giving a Reality Check

Start from the beginning

"But still, couldn't you have been at least a little more punctual?" She threatens, eyes blinking rapidly.

This is odd. While I've only known Horikita for two days, this intense, out-of-nowhere anger seems slightly misplaced and might indicate a heightened emotional state.

Let's take the fast way out to calm her, even if it's a little high-handed.

As she opens her mouth again, in one smooth motion I bring my hands right in front of her eyes and give a decent clap. With the sudden stimulus temporarily disorienting her, she wavers slightly so I catch her wrist to keep her stable.

"Horikita, I don't know exactly what's made you so irritated, and if it really is just my almost-tardiness I'll apologize later. However, right now you need to keep a calm head and help me present our case, otherwise both you and me will make a fool of ourselves. You're either going to stay here and calm down while I present, or you're going to forget about your issue and do this presentation with me." I say, noticing Chabashira-sensei coming down form the end of the hall.

Of course, I don't actually need Horikita's help presenting. I also don't know what she's being bothered by, so it may turn out to be more serious than expected. Both of these are good reasons to not force Horikita to present with me. Besides, like I said, this isn't that important: we have plenty of time.

However, as I also said, I see potential in her. It would be a shame if she backs down or becomes distraught at whatever issue she's having, which I believe isn't by any ill will on my part.

Besides, from what I saw of her typical personality, with a little push she'll probably tag along, determined to keep her composure and dignity.

Either way, without looking back I march towards Chabashira-sensei, who's holding the classroom door with a impressive smirk.

"Have a better impression of us now, Sensei?" I comment as I shuffle behind her, and I see Horikita coming to tag along as well.

"I must admit, you've surprised me more than I could've imagined. Though, I haven't seen anything special from your sister yet... Is she planning something like you?" She asks, a tinge expectant.

"We did say we would make a good impression, but we're not doing this for your validation, sensei."

"Heh, fair." She scoffs. "Then why are you doing this?"

"Well, why wouldn't we?"

It's not like this is that difficult or expensive, plus it has benefits for us as well.

"True. I suppose I should stop asking these meaningless questions."

Well aren't you feeling jolly, sensei.

As she re-equips her stoic expression, preparing to open the class doors, I take a peek back at Horikita and our eyes meet.

...Yeah, she'll do just fine.

Not that she has that much to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV:

Class D, still riding off a relative high from the boon of 100,000 points/yen, was quite jovial this morning. Though friend groups hadn't really been solidified and conversation was a tad strained, the good mood from their situation helped everyone be more outgoing.

At this point, however, the entire class was quite silent. It was only the third day, after all, and their teacher was quite scary. It was much too early in the school year for the students to lose their tension: as far as they knew, they were at an elite school which took their classes seriously, and their teacher looked the type to not let a single violation slip by.